Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Help with tranny identification.

My Haynes manual says all v6 1997 on would be 5r55e. I wonder why the Napa guy had such a problem. Mines a 2000, btw. That tacked thread at the top of this forum seems messed up. In different places it says the 5R55E is a 4 speed and a 5 speed. I never knew I had 5 speeds. It only has 3...
  2. O

Help with tranny identification.

Hello. I went to Napa to get a filter and gasket and the guy said there could be 5 different trannys for my explorer. I looked at the tacked thread about tranny ID but I'm still confused. It gives a letter code, but Wich letter is that in the vin? My explorer is a 2000 Eddy Bauer with 4.0 v6...
  3. O

2000 trouble shifting between 2nd & 3rd. "Slipping"

If it makes any difference it happened all at once one day. So it seems like something broke rather than wore out. I have replaced a band anchor in my dad's Dodge ram and it could be done in vehicle. I'm trying to see if it's something like that that I can do my self before I spend $2000 at a...
  4. O

2000 trouble shifting between 2nd & 3rd. "Slipping"

My 2000 Eddie Bower v6 started doing thing thing where if I'm just driving in drive when it is time to go from 2 to 3 it kinda gos into free wheel then if I let off the throttle it'll catch 3rd, normally the od light will start blinking. I've been driving it for 6 months like this because I just...
  5. O

2000 v6 trouble shifting and OD off light blinking.

I thought my tranny was fried but after reading here it sounds like I have the 1-2 or 2-3 flare thing. I can't tell but I think it's between 1 and 2. It happened all at once, so it makes more sense if it blew out a valve body gasket that wore out a band. If I accelerate gingerly and let up on...
  6. O

How do you turn on the factory fog lights?

Thanks guys, that was it. I never would have guessed that was the fog light switch, so far from the headlights switch.
  7. O

Hello.

I found this forum during this last summer when I bought this explorer and was googling. I finally had to join today because I had some questions about my ride. It's nice that sites like this exist.
  8. O

rear cargo area door handle went dead, won't open.

It's going to be hard to pull up on it because the door is closed right now. I'll get around to this project in a while.
  9. O

How do you turn on the factory fog lights?

2000 Eddie Bauer explorer. It has fog lights in the bumper but I don't know how to turn them on.
  10. O

rear cargo area door handle went dead, won't open.

I bought this explorer over the summer and it had a problem where the bumper had been pushed in and the plastic on top of the bumper caused the rear door to not shut all the way and the door ajar light would be on unless you slammed it. So today I tried to do something good and I fixed the...
Back