Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Project "You want to take what to Moab!?" Winch, Bumpers, Sliders and more

I love this build. I have a 03 Limited with a dead engine (ok seriously injured as in no oil pressure) that I got for free. Thinking a 5.4 swap but have been thinking how to get the stock benefits of the explorer while tapping into the off road capability of the vehicle. Your lift choice...
  2. S

6r80 swap 2004 Ford Explorer DONE!!

Nice set up. You have so many kool toys my mind is just spinning at the possibilities. From getting the Alltrac on a dyno to see if I hit the 500whp mark, to the fact that I'm dropping a stock 5.4 in my 03 Explorer. If I put my Edge tuner back in the 03 F350 dually can you reprogram my SCT...
  3. S

Front lower ball joints

While I haven't played with the ball joints on my explorer, I will say that once you go to the over sized joints you only have two options if they wear out; new arms or weld. My .02 is that you should buy the joints at the local parts store then pull one apart, try one and see how it fits. If...
  4. S

How I cleaned my stock 17” wheels

Wheels used to be sold with raw aluminum all the time. Now they almost all have some kind of coating on them. Back when I ran straight aluminum wheels, I used saniflush toilet bowl cleaner to keep them clean. I think the main ingredient was citric acid which made those wheels shine like no...
  5. S

Any advice on aftermarket online wheel vendors/brands for 3rd gens?

Some of the Saharas came with 18 inch wheels. Jeepers that do a lot of off road playing are frequently switching back to the 15 inch wheels to get more tire sidewall for better rock crawling. It is pretty common actually. I don't know any that went to 14s but there might be a few out there...
  6. S

2005 Explorer GSM add on?

sounds like an alarm system or a remote start. Removing either incorrectly could disable the starting circuit. Take pictures of how it is hooked up in case you need to put it back to make it run.
  7. S

Broken steering lever/ bracket.

is it getting spark? you know it's cranking, but the spark during crank comes from a different signal. Could be a loose connection, could be a blown fuse. Heck it could be a bad module. You need to start at the plugs and make sure you are getting spark as it cranks. If not work your way...
  8. S

it is the ring in the picture that you said you broke a part off of. It reads the code from the key and sends the activation code for the ignition.
  9. S

Sounds like you damaged the PATs transciever. That is the part that reads the code on the key and tells it to start. Check the PATs fuse and make sure it isn't just a blown fuse.
  10. S

4.5 suspension lifted 05 explorer

A failure at any speed can be catastrophic depending on where you are and what is around. Everyone that drives a modified (lifted or re-powered) vehicle is increasing the risk of a failure happening. People wreck and die from blow outs and suspension failures on stock vehicles, and you are...
Back