Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

'94 b4000 cranks but wont start..

Check the basics first: Fuel and Spark
  2. R

Stuck in snow

+1 for adding some weight back there but strongly recommend snow tires. The compound is formulated to deal with just what you described. I got stuck going uphill on a sheet of ice in my 4WD two wintes ago just because of poopy tires. It was quite embarrassing to be sitting there spinning one...
  3. R

1998 Ranger EGR code

The fault is likely caused by the DPFE sensor. I've changed a lot of them on many Fords. Although it's likely that the dealer reset the code, it's a common issue on many Ford models. This part will set you back $35-$40 at your local auto parts store. Check out this video which explains its...
  4. R

I want to drain my Rad

That's one of those messy things that makes you think twice about tackling in the winter....take it and get it done. This would be the best time to change the thermostat too, not to mention any hoses that look suspect.
  5. R

no heat

I checked my problem out yesterday and it's the dreaded blend door....no heat....I'll do the "5 minute fix" later this morning
  6. R

no heat

Depending on the year of your vehicle, it may look like this
  7. R

98 Ranger unusual clutch problem please help!!

Well, I thought I'd post some more progress and the final solution. Last week, I had to take a trip and needed to get this thing fixed. I took the bracket off and had it professionally welded. The welder said it did not weld properly and the weld was quite porous. It must have been some kind...
  8. R

Sounds like the same thing. Mine is made of die cast aluminum. I went through two masters and a slave cylinder because of it....you'd think two mechanics would have been enough to figure out what the real problem was. If it wasn't winter and if I wasn't in the middle of a move, I would have...
  9. R

So I figured out what the problem is. It finally broke to the point where it was obvious. I had noticed that I lost 1/2 of my clutch pedal travel a little while ago and got under there to see if maybe the problem might have been air in the system. To my surprise, the clutch pedal casting was...
  10. R

clutch problems

You might be going through what I'm going through....I'm on the second new master cylinder and a new slave cylinder. I wasted hours with my mechanic on it to try to get the system bled properly and it's still acting up. There is a Ford Service Bulletin issued in 1993 on this issue. Good luck.
  11. R

The old slave cylinder came out with a large return spring and a release bearing at the top, all held in place with a Smalley flat wire circlip. The replacement slave looked identical, except for the fact that it had a rubber boot/bellows over a shorter return spring and the component that...
  12. R

Hopefully this will be read by someone who has experienced something similar or has enough insight to offer some assistance. I'll put the sequence of events in point form for easy reference: 1. I bought this truck (98 Mazda B3000/Ranger 3.0L 4WD 5Spd) 2 years ago 2. This truck had just...
  13. R

98 3.0L Knock question

So 222 views and no one else has had this happen to their 3.0L? Has anyone braved a lifter job on this engine?
  14. R

98 3.0L Knock question

Does anyone know the 3.0L engine well enough to tell me whether these engines are known to knock after a while? At first I thought it was lifter noise, but it sure sounds like piston slap. My 98 B-3000 with 160k miles has been wonderful when all of a sudden it developed a knock. I assumed it...
  15. R

94 Ranger - Engine Dies

Fuel filter perhaps?
  16. R

2001 2.3 motor replacement

Try www.car-part.com to narrow down some options for a replacement engine. It will check the inventory of all the major auto wreckers/recyclers in North America.
  17. R

lookin for a engine

Check out item 120132439638 on Ebay...It's at Yancey Auto Parts in Perry, Missouri. Hope that helps.
  18. R

2001 ranger Windshield wipers not working

I'm not sure what circumstances led to your wipers not working. I had a similar issue where the wipers stopped working after I had my truck detailed. It seems an overzealous "powerwash consultant" got water in the relay box under the hood (driver's side by the firewall). With regards to your...
  19. R

CV Shaft PVH Hub snap ring

Bummer on doing the work twice....fun isn't it....I worked in the rack/cv busines for a number of years and I remember the Ford rack body castings as being the leakiest of the bunch. I remember seeing fluid squirt out through cracks and porosity quite often during testing.
  20. R

Interesting...when I did mine, not only did I reuse the clips, but they seemed much thinner. I had one side off to do a bearing/hub replacement and both sides when I did the ball joints....
  21. R

Here you go: http://www.autopartsdirecttoyou.info/?p=19 You can also go to your local dealer and have them show you or print out a copy of the exploded view
  22. R

So I did the nasty with a lamp post tonight...

Thanks guys...I got on the horn this morning to try to locate some parts and I'll be going to the body shop later. Storlied: that is some nasty hit....mine is similar but pushed in quite a bit more....I'll post some pics later
  23. R

I was shaken up and angry when it happened, but I can laugh about it now...did you end up fixing your x and how much did it cost to fix (I realize that varies a lot)?
  24. R

Well, I think I've done one of the stupidest things in my life a couple of hours ago. I went back to work to take care of some personal things and I think I was way too tired. My B-3000 was the only vehicle in the lot and there was only one lamp post in the middle of the lot with a strong...
  25. R

Debating Wheel Spacers. See Pics

So spacers won't work on a 4WD Ranger/B-Series. I finally had a chance to take a closer look at the rims and hubs on my truck. The locking hub housing OD is 70.5 mm also, which means the spacer would engage with the hub lip, but there would be no possibility of having a lip on the spacer to...
Back