Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Automatic transmission engine rpm

I had the same issue the first time I rebuilt my valve body on my 91 X. It would top out at 4000 RPMs at 40-45 mph in first gear WOT. It stunned me because before it would go up to 4950 RPMs at 50-55 mph before. A couple months later, my 3-4 solenoid failed and had to do another valve body drop...
  2. D

Solved 1991 Ford Explorer Upstream O2 Sensor

Thanks bro. I actually ordered one about an hour ago. After looking at so many and triple-checking and quadruple-checking if they were compatible with my year, make n model, something told me to get the Bosch brand. I guess I was lucky :-D Thanks XLT, preciate it bro!!!!!
  3. D

Solved 1991 Ford Explorer Upstream O2 Sensor

Good afternoon everyone. I have a quick question. On the 91 X 4.0L V6, is the oxygen sensor a "4 - prong" pigtailed one? I was driving and the truck ran out of gas, after being on a full tank for a little over a week, 170 miles driven. There is nothing wrong with the TPS, MAF, fuel pump or...
  4. D

How to fix your dead warning chime module

I actually did this yesterday, because my chime was so low you could barely here it. I followed it step by step, only difference was I used the retainer ring, a thin foam paper plate, cut the template the size of the ring, then cut the donut until it matched exact with the inside part of the...
  5. D

91 X EB, A4LD TV cable adjustment

Thanks 410 Fortune. Preciate the info and the extra tip.
  6. D

91 X EB, A4LD TV cable adjustment

Hello everyone. I have a quick question. I have a 91 X EB, A4LD, and I noticed that the TV cable next to the throttle cable has a significant amount of slack in it, and I believe is the culprit behind why the truck is shifting very soon in first and second gear. How do I tighten the TV cable for...
  7. D

New Member Introduction

The one that Mike shared I'm the link above, the 2 PC silver set for the fan bolts and blade. I tried using a set from Autozone about a year ago that was different from the one Mike mentioned and had issues.
  8. D

New Member Introduction

I went ahead and ordered a fan tool online bro.
  9. D

New Member Introduction

Thanks Mike. Checking it out now....Actually....Purchased lol. Another tool to add to the Explorer tool collection. Preciate it :)
  10. D

New Member Introduction

Thanks bro. She was ready to go to the graveyard, smoked bad and wouldn't go over 55 when I first got her, but I wanted an X for over 15 years, I love the motor and trans on ALL the models, so I dived head first into her, along with help from this forum, and got it done. Only thing I didn't do...
  11. D

New Member Introduction

Sorry guys. I've been working and this is the first day the weather has been decent here in Michigan. Here's the pics, excuse the dirtiness, haven't washed Sandy because of the weather.
  12. D

New Member Introduction

Hello everyone. My name is Damone, but you can call me D. In two years, I've rebuilt the whole fuel, electrical, air, exhaust, and oil system, valve body, FM 40 series muffler and aftermarket mods for a 91 Explorer EB, 4.0L V6, MFI, OHV that I purchased for $150, thanks to all the knowledge...
Back