Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Sounds and feels like rumble strips

Following your advice, I had the transmission fluid and filter changed, with instructions, not to flush the system. The shudder is as good as gone, (no sound or tremble) but I could still see the slight pulse in RPM in the tac, again occurring at that same point (between 1k and 1.5k under the...
  2. F

Roush supercharged Adrenalin

It's Bristol Baby! This weekend between races, the track will open to the public; donations go to the many BMS sponsored charities. Hit the HIGH BANKS.
  3. F

As suggested by the Dealership, Rear shaft assembly replaced for the worn center carrier bearing, didn't help. Replaced four of oldest 6 out of 8 coils (Yea, not a very scientific approach; it's all the parts store had in stock), didn't help. Did seem to shift where in the RPM the shutter...
  4. F

As suggested by the Dealership, Rear shaft assembly replaced for the worn center carrier bearing, didn't help. Replaced four of oldest 6 out of 8 coils (Yea, not a very scientific approach; it's all the parts store had in stock), didn't help. Did seem to shift where in the RPM the shutter...
  5. F

I read too much CON in a flush on high mileage trans. it concerns me. Although done at 53K, (2008), I had a trans fluid flush on a 93 F150, I let set with little to no use over 4 years. It did more harm than good.
  6. F

At 125K, should I be timid or take excessive precautions in removing plugs placed at 96K? Can the carbon grip be an issue with no more that 30K?
  7. F

2008 sport track WICKED VIBRATE RUMMBLE

I've been away and so have not done much to address the issue. However, the more I search, I'm more I am determined to point to a plug or coil issue. I had a national auto parts store run the codes, and like the Ford dealership, they found no codes. There has been no Check Engine light, at least...
  8. F

New member building offroad sporttrac

Those are some nasty wheels!
  9. F

Thanks fort the post. That seems a logical move.
  10. F

Three in four past fixes were with plug and or coil change. I want to connect it to vacuum levels associated with misfire.
  11. F

The puzzle is that you can see the pulse in the tac.
  12. F

With you confidence, I’d suggest the fluid/ filter change 1st; then run the analyst for plug issues with coils a priority if not corrected with step one.
  13. F

Not yet. I won’t need it for a few days next week. I plan to accompany a tech on a test drive, make some well advised recommendations (thank you) and leave it with them to resolve.
  14. F

Well, the dealership put me off until May 29th for a rear driveshaft replacement. The Ford part is on National Backorder. I checked a number of Ford Parts sources before I ordered, received and replaced mine with a Dorman 936-896 in less than a week. That done, I still have the same pulsating...
  15. F

Well, the dealership put me off until May 29th for a rear driveshaft replacement. The Ford part is on National Backorder. I checked a number of Ford Parts sources before I ordered, received and replaced mine with a Dorman 936-896 in less than a week. That done, I still have the same pulsating...
  16. F

08 4.6 misses under slight (OD) load. no codes.

Sounds and feels like rumble strips So the dealership has an entire rear shaft on back order, now 4 weeks. They tell me the analyzer showed no engine issues, but the center bearing support is shot and it has to be replaced as one part, with the shaft. I can buy the shaft replacement now; I've...
  17. F

True. At any other speed, it returns to a lesser degree, usually between 1000 and 1500 rpm. I crawled underneath for a look; the rubber in the center bearing support is broken all the way around.
  18. F

No, scheduling conflicts have been an issue. I do think that’s worth a shot particularly with no evidence the filter was replaced when the trans was serviced. Appears they only replaced the fluid. I want slide under the truck to see what the tech identified as cause to replace the shaft beyond a...
  19. F

Experiencing the same issue. The dealership has the entire rear shaft on back order. The referenced part 7A2Z4A499A is said not to fit my 2007 EST limited w/automatic 4WD. See my thread " Sounds like a rumble strip". Still looking for suggestions.
  20. F

At 105K there was a "60K Economy Service" which included among other things, a service code 64506 Trans Treatment for 16.94 and XT 6 QSP Trans Fluid at 9.35 X 4, or 37.40 No mention of a Transmission Filter specifically. I can't find any other transmission service in the documentation I can put...
  21. F

Thanks for the response. I know the transmission was serviced sometime back, but I’ll have to check when and why. That may have been an earlier fix and I just misunderstood.
  22. F

In my experience, it gets worse in time. Maybe some one with Ford mechanic background will step up with a solution.
  23. F

08 4.6 misses under slight (OD) load. no codes.

Would you read my post and compare it to your issue? Yours is the closest I've found to mine. Thanks Sounds and feels like rumble strips
  24. F

I am experiencing an pulsing shutter issue which feels like running through the Rumble Strips you might associated with the approach to traffic signal. This shutter occurs at city street speeds usually in the 1500 to 1800 RPM with just the slightest acceleration to maintain say, 35mph. There is...
Back