Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Sport 170* Thermostat Questions

My concern is that will a 160 or 170 tstat make the truck run cooler and take longer to heat in sub freezing winter temps up here in new England?
  2. M

Sport 170* Thermostat Questions

Livernoise seems to sell the tstat with the open box airraid type intake and the 3bar map. I am speculating here that with a non cold air intake and higher boost pressure the engine will run alot hotter thus the need for a lower tstat with lower temp engaging fans. I am not a technician here but...
  3. M

Best tuner for Explorer Sport?

It also is now 2019 and I am wondering how the tunes and abundance of HP added on to 2016 explorer sports are holding up lots of miles and a couple years later? I purchased mine from a dealer a month ago at 28k miles.
  4. M

Thanks Peter. I will consider doing a mod for added efficiency and reliability. If it happens to produce a little HP then that's a plus. Not looking to inflame a witch hunt when I ask for warranty work if an original part or system goes humps up though.
  5. M

Ive recently had to have almost the whole 4wd system replaced with the ptu, diff and transfer case and transmission being rebuilt or replaced under factory drivetrain warrenty after it grenaded in the street at 40mph. I'm worried now that adding as much HP as a 93 performance tune with a few...
  6. M

Which tune is the most conservative. I'm new here. All stock on my 2016 ford explorer sport 3.5 ecoboost. I may add a true CAI and or 3barmap. If I stick with a more conservative stock tune will I still need to replace my spark plugs with gapped .030 performance plugs? Thanks guys.
Back