Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Updated water pump, different chain?

DG1Z 8501 C On the invoice says part interchanges with #PW606 My question is do i need to get a new chain?
  2. A

Updated water pump, different chain?

hello, so I’m replacing my wp as preventive maintenance and read in another forum that the wp got updated with new gear and impeller so a new chain prolly updated must be fitted? Is this true? I have a platinum. I already bought the pump so I don’t know if this is the updated design...
  3. A

Water pump replacement parts list

can you tell where i can access for $30 the manual!?
  4. A

after watching some videos, looks like it could be done with the engine in place..will dowload the service manual for sure
  5. A

after reading threads about the water pump issue, im changing mine as preventive maintenance. my 16 platinum have 110k on the clock so i prefer to do that and not to loose the engine.. Can someone provide the parts list needed in order to change the pump? Im doing this myself, other than pump...
  6. A

New 16 Platinum WOT vibration!?!

So this transmission is the same for all trims and from 2013!? what about the 4wd model!?
  7. A

the part that confuses me is that this transmissions comes with the following # on it DA5P-7000DB ( mine and the one i bought) DA5P-7000DA wondering the difference
  8. A

i have my window sticker and mine have the tow package as std, I guess the 18' model have it as well..
  9. A

For the filter concern, the scrap yard told me they remove the filter from all transmissions they sell, I told them that theres no pan on this one and in order to remove the filter they must open the halves, they are checking if they did that.. so you cannot see the filter when removing the...
  10. A

So, I bought a used transmission from a wrecked 2018 with 9k miles, I got some pics from the scrapper and they sent a tag that says NO OIL / Filter, also converter is not installed... my question is does this transmission have a serviceable filter!? or maybe they opened the cases to check...
  11. A

its deff the transmission slipping, looking at the carfax previous owner had the transmission checked at 100k... it sometimes slips other times not, but there is something internal.. like i said this happens only when shifting at redline almost 1st-2nd is the most noticeable
  12. A

i dont see the trans code on the sticker on the door, but when looking for transmissions this are the one that shows up is this trans same as the taurus SHO AWD? how can i tell the model? to make sure I get the correct one (AT), (6 Speed), ID DA5P-7000-DA (AT), (6 Speed), ID DA5P-7000-DB...
  13. A

only vibrates when it reaches redline, almost when getting to shift point, no codes stored on any modules. tires are new and road is dry, im thinking this must be a trans issue. im replacing a tranny mount that looks weak to see if it fixes the issue, if not im going to touch the tranny.. can...
  14. A

Miles, theres a vibration like a FWD car doing wheel hop, vibration can be felt on the whole car, this only happens when going wot and reaching the redline.. driving normally wont cause any vibration.. dont know about previous owner, just know car is a 1 owner, oil changes done at kwik kar and...
  15. A

thanks for the welcome! no way to get the service records, I just have the carfax, im doing all the maintenance ,plugs,filters,oil etc.. right now what worries me is the WOT vibration
  16. A

Hello Guys, I took delivery of 16 4WD Platinum today that I bought from another state, car is a 1 owner all services done on the local dealer from where i bought the truck.. so after getting into the highway i went WOT from a stop and noticed a huge vibration coming from the front end when...
Back