Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Ford newbie's Ressur-wreck-tion of an '05 Sport Trac XLT

So Friday rolled around and I got a little lift time to do some stuff, then helped 08 BlackandTan on his project Sport as much as I could before I got an unpleasant call from my kid's school... *sigh* Oil change is now done, 5w30 full synthetic hi-mileage. Nothing concerning came out of the...
  2. E

That's what I was wondering. Door tag says it should have a 3.73 open, but with the speedo being accurate with the oversized tires, I'm wondering if the rear end isn't the original. Truck will be up in the air in another 24 hours (rented lift time at a self-service garage for an oil change and...
  3. E

05 Sport trac Gauge cluster issue?

It's a common enough problem that there's a company that completely refurbishes your existing cluster. A junkyard cluster might well have the same problem, or develop it in short order. While they're in there, there's an option to upgrade backlighting to LEDs. 2004 - 2005 Ford Explorer Sport...
  4. E

Thanks to 08 BlackandTan finding a nice(r) set of 16" BrightCasts than his own, I had the opportunity to buy his old ones, which are still 100x nicer than the corroded crap that came on mine. Then we hit up a clearance on some AT tires at Discount. My daily has the same overall diameter...
  5. E

The body bushings have obviously been replaced. They're not orange foam like the originals, they appear to be black urethane. They also have some mileage on them, they're not shiny and new. Probably got replaced a few years back by the previous owner. As for the center console, it came from...
  6. E

Still raining this morning, and my slate is full of non-car stuff today. But still had just enough time after breakfast. Goodbye, destroyed bag console without the bag. Hello, Gen 1 high console. I've put it in with the dual fixed cupholder from the '94 I pulled it out of, but I'm...
  7. E

Hello from the PNW!!

Welcome, neighbor! I just got an '05 ST myself.
  8. E

Alright, well... I've had a couple days in a row to work on this, thanks to weather timing and time off. Yesterday was a Toolkit members exclusive presale before this weekend's general 50% off weekend sale. Between my finds there and things arriving from RockAuto, it was like Christmas...
  9. E

New member.

Welcome, from one Ford newbie to another!
  10. E

Good to know. Is that pressure switch on the master cylinder the same one that's the big ol recall item?
  11. E

35. Wasn't able to get up very fast yesterday due to traffic. But if it was under the minimum, would it even flash the light at all?
  12. E

This weekend I cleaned up the outside (ooh, shiny paint with lots of little dents and scratches!) and did a little bit more poking around with some of the problems. I was wrong about the clock not setting on the radio; the clock is simply not there anymore. What I thought was the clock was...
  13. E

PNW Parts For Sale Thread - Local Parts

WTB - Tonneau cover for 1G Sport Trac, preferably the soft-fold variety Class III trailer hitch for 1G Sport Trac (I guess it's different than the 4D) Roof crossrails for 1G Sport Trac Center console for 1G Sport Trac (I know those are all pretty hard to find, but thought I'd throw it out...
  14. E

My official newbie thread! (WA state)

In my haste to get my build thread going, I completely neglected to stop in and say HI to the forum in general! Hi there, everyone! I just picked up my first Ford yesterday, as a project car. '05 Sport Trac XLT. This will be my beater road trip and light offroad vehicle, as well as doing the...
  15. E

One day in the Junk yard

If only yours was a year newer, we'd have exactly the same shade of paint! You and your magnificent Toreador Red ride... at least I know at some point you've owned the REAL red. Redfire Metallic! (his old '09 Fusion that got totaled was that color) Oh, and as far a #3 went, I'm pretty sure...
  16. E

Hi all! Yes, I'm a Ford newbie. But thanks to a friend of mine who is a total enabler, I ended up with a little (ok, pretty big) Blue Oval project of my own. We both hang out with the Gambler 500 crowd and do runs with them, as well as a similar crew from Jalopy Journeys. We're not under the...
Back