Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

2013 Transmission Flush

The transmission holds a total of almost 12 quarts of fluid. However, only a fraction of it will drain from the bottom of the housing using the drain plug.
  2. E

2013 Transmission Flush

KayGee, no I did not disconnect the battery or do any type of reset. Is there a procedure I totally missed? I have a 6f55 transmission as well. It was a little low on fluid before I did the first flush, but not a whole quart low. I added a little more than I drained and the level is now...
  3. E

2013 Transmission Flush

Thanks guys. @ Whimsey, I pulled the plug you described. It was clearly ATF that came out. As far as the codes, I have code readers and actually did read the codes before I cleared them - there were two of them. I didn’t bother looking them up because I figured I knew the issue. If they come...
  4. E

2013 Transmission Flush

That is exactly what I thought. Why in the world would the transmission thunk while the car is in park? As a follow up: I let the car idle for a long time after the first few times of starting and shifting with the big thunks - this time it shifted into Drive without a big noise. I drove it...
  5. E

2013 Transmission Flush

Which plug is a good question. There seem to several to choose from, but the one that made the most sense to me is the one that is at the lowest point on the transmission and was closest to the front of the vehicle on the left side. That's the one I used. I also went on youtube and it seems...
  6. E

2013 Transmission Flush

My 2013 has about 84k miles and based on many of the threads I have on this forum I decided to do a flush of the transmission fluid. I tow a snowmobile trailer about 175 miles about 8 to 10 times a winter so I figured no harm in doing a flush at this point. This weekend I drained 4.5 qts of...
Back