Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Which Motorcraft blend door actuator for 2010 Explorer?

I replaced a rear blend door actuator this summer. There are two different kinds back there - one for the temp and one for the speed. Both are nearly identical except for the shape of the slot where the shaft goes. I would imagine the front is the same. After a little confusion at the parts...
  2. B

About ready to roll it off a cliff!

Thank you very much! I'll check it out
  3. B

Also, related to the crappy, degraded wiring... Can anybody tell me where to find a PCM pinout diagram? I asked in a previous post but got no replies. Would be nice to check voltage from PCM to components.
  4. B

I have my 06 XLT 4.0L RWD at the shop right now for an almost identical problem...like scary identical. Sounds like the only major difference is that my rough idle doesn't get much better as the vehicle warms up. The engine shakes, idle hunts a bit, and random misfires. I've thrown everything...
  5. B

PCM wiring diagram - 2006 Explorer 4.0L XLT RWD

Good evening, I've been trying to find a pinout diagram for my PCM for a while, but I haven't been successful. Any ideas where I might check? I have no problem paying for this information. I just haven't been able to find it yet.
  6. B

MY camper thread...lotsa questions, be kind :)

Just a thought... If trailer weight and length are concerns, think about towing a smaller camper. You can really maximize your space if you are willing to have an outdoor galley/kitchen and an outdoor shower and toilet. Also, there are some great, inexpensive roll-out canopies with bug...
  7. B

Hunting idle - what have I missed?

2006 Explorer XLT with 150,000 miles. 4.0 SOHC 6-cylinder I bought the truck in March of this year and I have only put a couple thousand miles on it. I don't know much about the history of the vehicle. However, it looks like it has been very well taken care of and is in great shape (zero...
  8. B

Rhythmic noise coming from rear driver side

Rear blend door actuator was the problem. Easy fix, but taking off the trim panels was a hassle. There was also an issue finding the correct non-OE replacement, as there are two actuators right next to each other in the back assembly. My local AutoZone stocks both, so was easy to find. The...
  9. B

That's exactly what it sounds like. There's a quick plasticy rubbing, then it releases with a click. Thank you both. I'll check it out when I get home.
  10. B

Thank you. I will check when I get home.
  11. B

It does. I haven't touched the controls in at least a month and the noise started this week. I am away on work but will check when I get home this weekend.
  12. B

Lately I have been experiencing a soft "ba-rumph" noise coming from the rear driver side. I can isolate it as coming from somewhere inside the truck near the rear left turn signal. You can hear it inside the truck but cannot hear it outside the cabin. Also, this "ba-rumph" noise is very...
Back