Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

No fluid when bleeding front driver side brakes

So we rebled the front valves because we were stuck in a parking lot with the front drivers side tire smoking, and huge air pockets came out both sides during the bleed. However, there is still resistance on the driver's side when trying to spin the wheel freely. Any ideas? I went ahead and...
  2. D

So the master cylinder bleed went great yesterday, had assistant hold down pedal after I took off the steel lines, then with pedal still depressed I tightened the steel lines back into place. Repeated process until the air was out of the master cylinder. Then bled the front tires, and lots of...
  3. D

The 93 has 4ABS in the fuse diagram, so yes it has ABS. The bleeding technique is done with two people, however, I had been told that pumping the brakes three times during bleeding - and then holding the pedal down - that the pumping action can actually introduce air into the line. If this...
  4. D

So when bleeding the entire system again, do I start by properly expelling the air from the master cylinder since I didn't the first time, then bleed the RR, LR, RABS VALVE (as long as I can locate it), RF, LF.
  5. D

I did not replace the master cylinder, however, I've read that I incorrectly tested it. When we took off both steel lines, and then depressed the pedal down and held, we should have tightened the master cylinder fittings back down with the pedal depressed. So now air has been reintroduced into...
  6. D

Desperate for help, we live 15 miles from work with limited bus services along the coast where we live.
  7. D

So we replaced the pads, and later the calipers. About 3 weeks later the driver's side tire locked up/caliper seized. I took both calipers off to be safe, sprayed both with PB BLAST, let soak, wiped off the gunk. Cleaned everything with Brake Cleaner, then sprayed the calipers with heavy duty...
Back