Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

what parts control the camber and the caster?

I agree. Just trying to understand as well. I also don't want to just throw parts at my vehicle but at the same time I want to make sure that what's on there now won't fail anytime soon which I know can never be guaranteed. But the 14 focus I had for 8ish months between my 2 explorers was a...
  2. A

So from what I am gathering, and please correct me if I'm wrong, is that if I'm putting performance parts or anything that's not "oe" or brand new on my vehicle and the camber/caster is off then I need to use the kits to correct it otherwise it's not necessary and that there's a part that's...
  3. A

That's really neat!! I've never heard of any shops by me using this.
  4. A

Correct. OK. That makes sense as to why it went from fine to somethings off. I didn't know hubs and bearing could affect any of that. Thank you for the possible parts that could be at fault. I know just throwing parts at it won't magically fix the problem without another alignment but I...
  5. A

I came asking about what parts control the camber and caster. If adjustability isn't available then that means I have to replace the parts. And I understand that but I've just been trying to figure out what parts I'm looking at. We are not doing an "at home alignment" he took it to his work...
  6. A

Ok...last time I'm going to say this...the toe alignment was off because the tie rod ends were replaced. He didn't touch anything else yet one of the other 2 is off. He's going to take a closer look at it Tuesday but I'm just looking to see what parts make the camber and caster off. That's all...
  7. A

If you read above I explain how neither of us have had time to sit down and fully talk about it. I'm just trying to get all the information I can!!
  8. A

I'm just trying to find out what parts control which of the 3 so I have an idea as to prices if I end up having to replace parts. All he did was replace the inner and outer tie rods which change the toe but doesn't mess with the other 2. He didn't touch anything else so something else is...
  9. A

My boyfriend is a Ford mechanic and didn't have enough time to figure out what was wrong. The shop was closing for the day and I needed my vehicle back as it's my only vehicle. Now with that being said he also didn't have a lot of time to explain everything to me because I had to go back to...
  10. A

Hello, I have a 14 explorer limited 4×4 with 104k miles on it and just had the inner and outer tie rods fixed and new pads and rotors put on but the alignment is off a bit still and can't remember which one was off. I know the tie rod ends control the toe and know the ball joints control one of...
  11. A

To many questions!!

Ok. I will have to check that out the next time I get a free minute to pull it into the shop. Is there anything else I should look at while I'm at it?
  12. A

To many questions!!

So I cleaned the sensor yesterday and the lights still on. I will give it another day and see if it shuts off.
  13. A

To many questions!!

My brother and step dad helped me replace them as I have never done those before until this vehicle. If there is no play in the tires and there is no noise does that mean that the bearing is still good and its just a faulty sensor? The old bearing I let get really bad just because I did not have...
  14. A

To many questions!!

It was a MasterPro from O'Rileys. I noticed the front end feels a little loose since the light came on but I'm not sure that is related. (it has to do with another question I have) I did notice that since I bought it almost every time I turned it off the CHECK ADVTRAC would flash across my...
  15. A

To many questions!!

I have a bunch of questions regarding my '05 Explorer XLT 4.0 Flex Fuel so I guess I'll start here. I bought my Explorer over a year ago and it had around 60k miles on it. I have no previous history on it besides it was this ladies moms car whom lived in Florida. Now here comes the fun part...
  16. A

New from Illinois

Hello. I am a new member but have browsed this forum before and found it very helpful in fixing my vehicle. I hope to have more of my questions answered as more problems keep popping up.
Back