Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

You are correct, when I mentioned the dealer response I mentioned only that they offered to purchase the vehicle. I should have made that clear the option was $2,700 to replace rack/pinion, work was not completed. The tie rod recall was completed. NHTSA Statistics- 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee...
  2. T

Not around here. Maybe in the hills of Canada or open Wyoming where you can drive a 5000lb missile and not have to worry about hitting anything.D riving the vehicle knowing the issue... There are numerous posts on here with similar experiences and accidents as a result. Driving this thing is...
  3. T

Information you are talking about only covers model year 2011-2013. There have been no sounds/weirdness regular or irregular to provide an indication that anything is wrong. Theory and practice are two different things. In heory pilots can override all electronics when they disable autopilot...
  4. T

Nope, 2015's weren't part of it, which is odd because if they did recall it for 2011-2013 they continued to use the same EPAS. Rear Toe Link - Year: 2015 Make: FORD Model: Explorer Number of Open Recalls: 1 NHTSA Recall Number: opens new window takes away from VIN lookup section>19V435Recall...
  5. T

I apologize for an introduction such as this, but I find it important to report and share such issues. Personally, I think this thread should be sticky and up top as the danger it presents to warn potential buyers as I certainly would never have purchased my Explorer knowing such gross...
Back