Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Whistling Noise Identification

I have been the owner of a 2002 Explorer Sport Trac 4wd for several years now. I am looking for help identifying a noise that the vehicle has made ever since I bought it. While running there is a constant high pitch whistling noise. The best I can describe it is like a dog whistle but within the...
  2. D

A/C and Heat Only Work on High Setting

Thanks for the help and advice all. I tested another relay in the place of the one that controls the blower motor and it made no difference. After that I tried replacing the resistor and that fixed the problem. This was surprising because, visually, there did not seem to be anything wrong with...
  3. D

koda2000, I will try swapping those relays and see if that works, that is a good idea. Unfortunately I have not yet invested in a multimeter yet. If it is not the relay I will get a new resistor and see if that fixes the problem. I'll update the thread in a day or so with how it goes.
  4. D

Thanks for the quick response David. I checked the relay in the fuse box. I was able to remove the cover to the one for the blower without damaging it. The fuse appears to be almost new and is not tarnished in any way. I suspect it may even be newer as most of the relays in there were stamped as...
  5. D

I am having some problems with my climate control in my 2002 explorer sport trac. On fan settings 1,2, and 3 there is no air coming from the vent. However, on the high setting, 4, they both work just fine. I read that this can be related to the blower motor resistor so checked that out. It was a...
  6. D

Hello, my name is David. I have owned a 2002 Explorer Sport Trac for about a year and a half now. I love my explorer and have put a lot of work into it. So far I have redone nearly all of the suspension components plus a few other odds and ends jobs. Up until this point I read a lot of threads...
Back