Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

About ready to roll it off a cliff!

Thanks for the reply. We used the Motorcraft plugs it calls for. It was having same issues before and after new plugs were installed.
  2. C

No it's not that. It recently started throwing tons of codes for multiple misfires and egr valve as well as transmission codes. That's why all of these parts have been replaced. It's running better but it still misfires on start ups everyday. My wife drives it and we have an infant. I want it...
  3. C

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I disconnected the battery and drained the capacitors as suggested off of videos on here. I also let it idle for 20 minutes after reconnecting the battery and starting it up. After that I drove it normally for 20 minutes. Does it take more than that for the computer...
  4. C

One week ago. It is misfiring just cant figure out why
  5. C

Very frustrated with the ongoing issues with my 2007 XLT 2wd 4.0 w/111k miles. It has a rough idle on start up that clears away pretty quickly when given some throttle. Here's what's been recently done to it: New plugs, wires, and coil. New EGR valve. MAF sensor cleaned. Throttle body cleaned...
  6. C

Frustrated with recurring codes on 2007 Explorer XLT

I'm not really blaming the transmission shop because two other places gave me the same codes and diagnostics. He was up front that it may not fix the issue and said he has had problems with Explorer transmissions of this era in the past. He didn't try to talk me into the repair. Do you know what...
  7. C

I had the codes ran and it was for overheating transmission and low pressure or something like that. Transmission shop recommended solenoid pack which I had replaced. Also had fluid change and filter. They warned it might not make codes go away and they were right. It's very frustrating. Codes...
  8. C

No it's the light that looks like a wrench. It's for transmission codes.
  9. C

Thank you for the reply but it has plug wires.
  10. C

I have a 2007 Ford Explorer XLT 2wd with 110k miles. It's been throwing codes for misfires on certain cylinders and misfire for first 1000 revolution. I clear the codes but they eventually come back.It also has an occasional transmission light that will go on for a second and then go off...
Back