Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Looking to buy a 4th gen. Do any 4.0s exist without the timing chain rattle?

Yes what they said. I put one on my Explorer loving it.
  2. S

Found this Transmission guy What's that catch

It seems about right for small shops. That's about what it would be for me in central Florida.
  3. S

Hi ladies and gentlemen 2001 Explorer Sport 2Dr

welcome, I'm also new to this site and it's a awesome place for info and great people
  4. S

Rear axle more over to the passenger side

That's pretty crazy how they say it's intolerance when we pay so much for these vehicles. After doing so much research on this it seems like every vehicle maker is the same Toyota being some of the worst with their Tundras. After I install the body mounts and if it's still the same I'm just...
  5. S

Just think about it and lete know. Thanks
  6. S

H Ok That's awesome how much would you like for them? Thanks
  7. S

Yeah these days it seems like everything's made of crap that breaks in no time. The price don't go down for us the consumer just goes down for them and then we have to pay for it down the road welcome to the new world. I did notice the amount of them home when I went to the Boneyard. They have...
  8. S

Lol that's true but my ocd won't let me
  9. S

I hope so I've put a lot in already and would hate to be speeding all the time and money for nothing. Thanks again
  10. S

Okay I will take a look at that also when I take it apart sometime this week. I took it back apart yesterday and I didn't even look on that thanks
  11. S

Thank Youfor letting me know about yours. I'm going to do the same in my yard I'll lay out some plywood on the ground first lift up the whole body at once. I just can't get the mounts right now for the two door sport they're almost $200 and that's just bushings no Hardware. I did have a buddy...
  12. S

Oh I can see them when you look up in there half of my missing all the tops and all they are rotted out
  13. S

All right little bit of an update. I brought it down to the local Body Shop where they repair Chevy vehicles for the Chevy dealership and do framework. When I brought it over to them they used an old method with string line from the front tire to the back tires both sides with equal from front...
  14. S

Tomorrow I'm going to rip back into it. If I can't see anything as mentioned. I'm going to put the old leafsprings back in and see. Nothing else I will take to a frame place and make sure nothing major is wrong. The thing that gets me it rides straight and everything else. It looks straight...
  15. S

They were on it when I got it. I will have too look into that. Thanks
  16. S

I know my body mounts a shot so that might bring it off a little bit by looking at the pics of the tires in the fender Wells. but I don't think it should be that much
  17. S

The tire sticks out further on the passenger side than on the driver side. I just went out and measured it from the middle of the inner wheel well on one side it's 10 and 7/8 and on the other side it's 12 on the passenger side to the outside of my tire
  18. S

I have the 2002 Ford explore sport 4x4 is it normal for the rear end to be over to the passenger side more then centred or should say even on both sides? Thanks for any help
  19. S

thanks too this great site pre-oiler sys

Hello, Would like to say thanks. It's is a great place for info and help. So I put a pre-oiler on my 02 sport and with all the information on this site it works great no more cold morning rattle and I use it before every start up like a champ it does what I need it for. Here's some quick pics of...
  20. S

02 sport..Changed out rear lelfsprings

Today I swap out the rear leafsprings. I put a set from the boneyard in for now until I decide on going with a full lift or not. It wasn't too hard took about hour and a half without power or air tools. Now it rides and handles a lot better it also took out a problem when I was stopping and...
  21. S

Rear leaf springs question

I thank you for taking time and all the good info. I have done quite a few things to the truck since I bought it last year I put a pre Oiler. I changed all the timing chains cassettes gaskets oil pump water pump hub bearings. I've tried to upload pics on here I seem to have a problem with it as...
  22. S

Good deal I appreciate it
  23. S

Thanks for the info I will have too do that
  24. S

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer 2 door Sport 4 x 4. I'm needing to replace my rear leaf springs my question is will the four-door ones fit on the two-door ones. Thanks for the help
Back