Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

2020 Explorer brake issue

"A Lot" meaning a lot of the SAME issue. That's all. Yes, I realize there are a lot of vehicles on the road. However, if you see a pattern of the SAME issue then there is an apparent issue that needs to be resolved. That's all I'm saying. But yes, this is the Internet and we will "hear" about...
  2. A

WOW. that's a lot of complaints. Only thing now that is concerning is that there are no investigations into the issue yet. I would hate to see anyone get hurt for them to take action. AHHHH, FORD, you remember Firestone don't ya!?!??!?!?!?!?
  3. A

Everyone, this is a widespread issue and you MUST report it to the NHTSA | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration site so they can force Ford/Lincoln to roll out a fix ASAP!!!! You would not only be doing yourself a good deed but you may help others and save a life, or at least property...
  4. A

Trying to stress it to everyone who has this issue, PLEASE report it to the NHTSA!!! That could save someone's life or property, or their vehicle. Just like the issue that FCA had with many of their cars - a roll-away Jeep killed a couple of people, even a young actor. All it takes is a couple...
  5. A

Hope you all are reporting this serious issue to NHTSA | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration "report problem". Ford/Lincoln needs to get on the ball with this one. This is dangerous... almost as bad as having a vehicle rolling.
  6. A

Sound after sitting a while

Yes. That is the braking system mostly with the sounds for 30 seconds to a minute after closing the door or shutting it off. They don't go on for 15 to 20 minutes unless you're app on your phone is communicating with the vehicle or you have pressed a button on your key fob. Squeaking???
  7. A

all normal. i found out some of the sound is the brake system and awd system recalibrating when opening a door. braking is brake by wire so the system always initializes when opening a door. on top of that, the power sequence for relays for the screens to display upon opening a door. then, other...
  8. A

Auto Start-Stop Technology

oh snap. perfect! Thanks!!!!!!
  9. A

Auto Start-Stop Technology

i’m guessing this solution won’t work with the new aviator since the SS is an onscreen selection?
  10. A

Neat things you have found out on the 6th gen.

On the Aviator, when you are at full throttle or near and the RPM runs up past 5K or so, the redline appears momentarily in the RPM gauge as the needle sweeps. Pretty neat I suppose. Otherwise, the redline does not show.
  11. A

I have those exact sounds in the new aviator. on top of that, the air suspension has its own sounds with the valves and then the pump at times. I’m chalking this up as 100% normal, must be relays, fuel pump and it’s relays, and accessory power. remember, our vehicles practically have an...
  12. A

Paint protection

Just do the front like blwnsmoke said. That's what I have planned for our Aviator BL. Have also done that to other vehicles with a lot of success as most impacts with objects take place on the front. If anything impacts the back or sides the Xpel protection is the least of your worry.
  13. A

6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread

Aviator Black Label in Flight Blue... BTW, all of the body panels were nicely aligned as ours is thankfully a "good" unit without issues that others have been speaking of. Though, we had one small issue with the front windshield camera needing recalibration and a clip was missing-- possibly due...
Back