Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Exhaust Smell + Bad Mileage + Loss in power = ?

138k bought it at 125k two years ago. I replaced the engine back in May due to timing chains and redid the plugs then as well. Other than that just standard maintenance.
  2. G

Well, that was my initial suspicion, but wouldn’t that indicate a failure elsewhere? From what I hear those things don’t just go.
  3. G

Hey guys! I have recently begun to experience a slight mileage drop (16.2 MPG to 15.5) and that rotten egg like exhaust smell. I have also noticed that it can be a little difficult to get up to speed (sometimes I have to press the pedal to the floor) and there are some jerks. I think these have...
  4. G

New intake / cat-back exhaust worth it?

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback! I definitely get it as far as the V8 goes. If I could go back, I'd probably look for that over the V6, but at this point I've invested some money in the thing and it is a good car, so I'm not sure if I'm passionate enough about it to go trade it in. At the end...
  5. G

New intake / cat-back exhaust worth it?

Hey guys! I have a 2006 v6 4.0. I have been doing some digging around the forum to see what people's thoughts around a new intake and cat-back exhaust for the v6 are, but it seems like there are a lot of mixed feelings out there. Has anyone had a good experience with this modification or seen...
  6. G

[Resolved] Strange Noise

Hey guys, I appreciate the feedback! I logged in today and realized I had never replied to this thread, so I do apologize for that. The issue with my Explorer did end up being the timing chain. I had a mechanic in town take a look to confirm. I got a couple quotes for replacing the chains vs...
  7. G

[Resolved] Strange Noise

Hey folks! I have been dealing with an issue over the past couple of months and hope maybe someone here will be able to help me out. I like being able to work on the car myself, but I am new to it and do not have the experience many of you do, so I am hoping you might be able to help me out. I...
Back