Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Rat72

Chrome Delete & Black-Out

I am asking because the XLT did not have the front camera as far as i know that was on the limited up.
  2. Rat72

Does it have the ST emblem? Can you please provide a picture? I see from your picture above some chrome, just wanting to make sure that is not on the end product and that the front camera is good. Thanks!
  3. Rat72

Thanks, is it blacked out from factory? Is the camera GTG?
  4. Rat72

Frozen drivers door

Last week was cold here. I remote started the truck, got in and closed the door to find it did not close. I have never owned a vehicle with this issue, so went back in the house and googled it. Apparently, my lock assembly was frozen. I worked the inside and the outside handle several time and...
  5. Rat72

Window Defrost Elements Peeling

Interesting to see this thread. I thought it was cobwebs or something, mine have been shedding but the defrost seems to be working ok. Hopefully mine our OK as warranty service over here may be a problem.
  6. Rat72

Can you please provide information regarding the Grille? I want that grille without the “ST” emblem that supports the front camera! Cheers, Larry
  7. Rat72

Bad Wiper Blades?

Thank you for the info on these! I replaced my noisy / partially effective with these last night. I was very happy this morning to have a nice streak free windshield without hearing the wipers as well.
  8. Rat72

ST Emblem

Thanks for the pic, that is what i was looking for!
  9. Rat72

ST Emblem

Wanted to swap out my grille and was trying figure out if it would look ok. Sounds like it would not.
  10. Rat72

ST Emblem

Can anyone tell me if the ST emblem on the front grille is permanent or not? Thanks!
  11. Rat72

My 2020 Tuned

I am running the Livernois tune on my Platinum and I am happy with it.
  12. Rat72

Wind / Whistle Noise from Front Door / Mirror?

Unless anyone’s has a fix comments are not necessary! :)
  13. Rat72

Wheel & tire weight for 21” ST

I know it may seem like an odd question but was wondering if anyone on here knew how much a 21” fully built wheel/tire/tpms might weigh per wheel? I am overseas and trying to see if an assembled wheel would be feasible to ship via USPS. Thanks!
  14. Rat72

Redline Tuning hood struts installed

Maybe I had become spoiled but I was really disappointed the the truck did not come with the struts. I came back from German SUVs to US made ones, this just seemed lazy on Ford’s part. Oh well, I fixed the glitch. :)
  15. Rat72

Honestly, this is the first time I had actually worked with rivets. I was sheepish at first but watched a couple YouTube videos and felt comfortable going forward. I stepped up the drill bit sizes rather than just drilling the finished hole for the rivet.
  16. Rat72

I opted for the carbon fiber sleeves as well. Thanks, my pleasure to serve!
  17. Rat72

Installation was pretty straightforward worthy modification. :)
  18. Rat72

Drain plug upgrade

Shame there is not a Fumoto option. I used one of these on a FJ Cruiser a number of years ago, it worked great!
  19. Rat72

Borla Exhaust Installed on Platinum

At idle, it has a nice purr, not obnoxious but noticeable compared to hardly any noise from stock exhaust. At highway speeds it is not noticeable except when you get the revs up, it responds nice. Going through shifts, it sounds sporty, whereas the stock was a lot less noticeable. In my opinion...
  20. Rat72

Borla Exhaust Installed on Platinum

Anybody thinking about swapping out the stock exhaust for an aftermarket one, I can vouch for the Borla system. It sounds great!
  21. Rat72

Explorer ST Borla Exaust installed

Looks great, does anyone know if this will work on the Platinum? I contacted Borla and the answer I got was “Only if they have the same motor and bumper.” I know the engines are the same and the bumpers look to be the same accept for the color accents.
  22. Rat72

2020 Platinum Tune?

I am using the Livernois tune on my Platinum, been running it for a few months now, I am pleased.
Back