Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

01 explorer won't rev hard in park??

Really? That's reassuring. I thought I had some massive problem. Thanks.
  2. E

01 explorer won't rev hard in park??

My explorer has had a lack of power problem for awhile now and I've replaced most everything to try to remedy it. I replaced the DPFE due to a slight hesitation at steady speeds but it didn't fix my ongoing problem of slow shifting and no power. It tends to ping like crazy as well. So the...
  3. E

Help Adding in new Console for 99 XLS

I need a console for my xls The light grey one that you call useless I need. If you end up selling it let me know.
  4. E

Acceleration Problems?

Ohh! The "ECT" not the ETC sensor Did it mess with your temp gauge at all inside the car? I had a leak out of one my coolant hoses and it messed with the shifting until I fixed it. I wonder if the ECT is messing with mine as well? Seems like a cheap part.
  5. E

Acceleration Problems?

Hmmm? ETC sensor? Which one is that? I better look that one up. How did they diagnose the sensor? So the shifting issue is resolved but you have to recalibrate the thing? Doesn't unhooking the battery reset things enough to get it back driving?
  6. E

Acceleration Problems?

I don't get it...? I have the exact same problem as described and have replaced many sensors and whatnot to no avail. So was it a fuel problem or an air leak? Is the problem fixed??
  7. E

Figured out one of my longstanding problems

hmm.. Well, I do see your point. Do you not see mine at all? Unfortunately, since I don't work and live a few miles from the Ford plant like yourself, I have no reason to tirelessly defend a company that is playing catch up in every way these days. It's sad to see it, but it is true. I...
  8. E

Horrible Gas Mileage!!

hmmm? I just got 330 out of a tank on a road trip last weekend. I'm guessing I had about a gallon left in the tank when I filled up. 18 mpg. That's pretty good considering it was up to Whistler and back from Seattle.
  9. E

wait a minute...... .....are you a politician? Maybe after we have the other 49% of the U.S. population that doesn't have internet, sign on and start using this forum, we'll see more of a majority? Seems to me that sidestepping reality will wear a guy out eventually. Maybe some insight into...
  10. E

Nice post.... Hmmm? Well, I guess I lost out at everypoint along the way. Poor diagnosis, no notification, past warranty......sheesh. Must've been my bad luck? Then again, by reading this forum, everyone seems to have bad luck coincidently?
  11. E

Dreaded Timing chain tensioner

Amen brotha! I contemplated doing this job as well but man it looks nasty. Especially the rear tensioner. Indeed a bad "design". Feel free to join my post below this one. Take some pics!
  12. E

in this case, component flaw is a design flaw. If you were to build a car from scratch. You'd be the one designing the engine and everything that comes with it. Not to mention that they had to reDESIGN the tensioners 3 times to get them to stick. You're saying that they can blame the third...
  13. E

already did........ Don't get me wrong. I like the truck enough. It just boggles my mind when a company turns a blind eye to a major design flaw (tensioners). It really sheds alot of light on why Ford isn't doing too well these days. It's not all about labor costs and such. The consumer...
  14. E

Nope... I have owned many a car my friend and this Ford is not within "normal" fluctuation. Do most cars fluctuate? Yes. Do they fluctuate a quarter tank+? Nope. The "Check Guage" is not simpler. If you read the manual, you will see that the "check Gauge" light signifies many different...
  15. E

Well...... The complaint is that it has an 18 gallon tank (not 13.8) and you never know where it's at because the gas gauge fluctuates more than a quarter tank depending on whether your driving downhill, uphill, flat or whatever. The light will come on going down a steep grade and you'll be in...
  16. E

fuel gauge stopped

hah You can thank the engineers on crack at Ford for their wonderful fual gauge. It's working the way they designed it!
  17. E

Exactly. Is it that hard to figure a gas gauge out?? Really? Think about that for a second. If they can't figure out an accurate way to measure the amont of fuel in a tank, then how can they build the rest of the truck with confidence? If it were a new model I'd understand, but it's really...
  18. E

I know. It's no good. Ford is rediculous. If a company has a known problem with a product and has documentation internally of it. They should be made to own up to it. Unfortunately for me I decided that it was probably just a heat sheild or something when it first arrived, and when I...
  19. E

Well, my explorer has been on a steady decline for the past year or so. I've had the timing chain clickity clack since about 60,000 mile (now 135,000) but it has also been shifting weird and has smelled like coolant for awhile. I could never find the problem. Well the temp gauge started to...
  20. E

still pinging under a load.

hmmm. Sounds tough either way. The thing is draining my mind daily in frustration. I can see a large mechanic's bill heading my way.
  21. E

A/c Switching on and off???

Cool Thanks abunch. It just seems like I hear it clicking more lately? Maybe just me?
  22. E

Sorry You got us mixed up. I kinda hijacked the thread. I'm not the 235,000 miles guy. Mine has 134,000. I've found a guy who will do it for 1500. I'll keep searching.
  23. E

A/c Switching on and off???

So I am curious as to when the a/c pops on. Does it work only when you have the dial turned to the "max A/C or A/C" or does it come on when the blue/red heat control dial is turned to the blue side? I always thought it only kicked on when you turned on the a/c. Mine has been "popping" on and...
  24. E

Hmm? Well, I replaced the plugs with Autilite platinums and I see little difference. It idles better but that's about it so far. The bosch's gap was way wrong. It was .035 or something close to it. The Autolites came with that gap as well so I regapped'em and installed the *******s. My...
  25. E

Hmm? Really? I put in Bosch platinum (singles?). The guy said they were pregapped. I'm going to take'em out and try the autolites. The one under the wheelwell sure sucks though. It's funny. I didn't change the plugs until 110,000 and I noticed no difference when I changed'em out. Could be...
Back