Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Temp gauge going crazy

I checked the fan and it is cracked. I have also noticed that the ac cooling comes and goes. I ordered a new fan clutch and a new fan. I researched how they work and now believe that this may be the problem. The clutch is controlled by air temp. I'll update once parts get here and I get them...
  2. T

Temp gauge going crazy

Thanks. I didn't think to check that. Guess I have some work ahead of me this weekend.
  3. T

Temp gauge going crazy

StryctNy9e, Thanks for the advice. I thought I burped it well enough but I didn't jack up the front. I'll try this this evening. DENZILH, it seems more like something internal. But I'm not ruling out your suggestion. Thanks.
  4. T

Temp gauge going crazy

After searching the forum for several weeks I cannot find the same problem. Please HELP! Driving in town with the starts and stops, my temp gauge goes up to the L on normal. If I sit at idle with the tranny in park or neutral the temp will level out between r and m. If I drive on the highway...
  5. T

power windows need "manual" help

Can you hear the motors running? My rear windows needed help going up or down. I replaced some bushings in the gear box and they work fine now. About 45 minutes and $5 per door.
  6. T

Power window problem

Nick, The front door motors are held in with 3 bolts. One of the bolts is hidden behind the panel. There is a dimple that you have to drill a 1/2" hole through to get to the bolt. I have replaced both front motors. It takes about 45 minutes. Hope this helps.
  7. T

an extra at of oil?

I too had this problem. When the engine starts, it had a puff of smoke. When I made a hard left turn, the engine clattered and smoked. Sometimes there would be tranny fluid in the vacuum and sometimes not. I replaced the modulater and that fixed it. The overfill in the crankcase came from the...
Back