Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Traded the Explorer in for this.............

2016 Mustang GT Premium fast back coupe Ruby red tint coat with custom painted and clearcoated racing stripes color keyed to the wheels 401A package 19" Stainless steel painted aluminum rims Nav 6 speed automatic with paddle shifters It was fun but a little mid life crisis had...
  2. D

Rear doors don't unlock when shutting off the vehicle

Yes, that is why I find it odd and frustratingly annoying!
  3. D

As Ecobeast88 stated, even after opening the drivers door they still do not unlock.
  4. D

Autolock and autounlock features are enabled. All doors lock when taking off. All doors unlock when I grab the outer drivers door handle when getting in the vehicle. When I shift into park and shut off the vehicle only the front doors unlock and even grabbing the rear inside door handle, the...
  5. D

Glad to know others are experiencing the same issue!
  6. D

:frustrate:frustrate:frustrate Is this a software issue of some type? My 2013 Explorer XLT would unlock all the doors when shutting off the vehicle. For some reason on my new 2015 Limited the rear doors stay locked after putting the vehicle in Park and I then have to unlock them via the unlock...
  7. D

Door handle touch unlock all doors?

Yup. That owners manual is very informative!
  8. D

DIY repair for loose roof rack plastic piece?

Hot melt glue gun! A couple of dabs in the right places will fix that right up!
  9. D

Grunt/grind when first accelerating after startup

Could be the infamous dragging caliper striking again!! Do a search of the forum!
  10. D

2016 Explorer Tow Pkg

The "Tow Pkg" cannot be added after purchase. You can add the tow hitch parts but the electronics and cooling parts would be needed. If adding the Ford OEM Tow hitch, your towing class is reduced to class II. If it is added during manufacturing it is rated as a class III.
  11. D

View from beneath 2016 Explorer Platinum

This exhaust system is specific to the Sport and Platinum (twin turbo V6 engine) only. The Limited, XLT and Base models do indeed have a 1 into 2 system.
  12. D

View from beneath 2016 Explorer Platinum

There is a merge in the pipes. It is at the resonator chamber fwd of the muffler just under the fwd crossmember. Great pics!
  13. D

Touch Up Paint Mismatch

The paint is OK, it is the underlying primer coat that is what is missing. If you are filling in a dark color chip then you may need to use a light grey primer coat first. that will allow the touch-up paint better match the surrounding color.
  14. D

Rear camera sound

The second you put it in reverse a window pops up on the screen to the left of the Speedo and you have the option to turn it off by selecting it!
  15. D

EcoBoost 30 Nano ~3,000cc 2016- DOHC V6

It may be the engine they are putting in the 2018 GT500 http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2018-shelby-gt500-mustang-performance-specs-news/
  16. D

Can someone check their rear view mirror wires?

It is not glued to the window. It slides in and out/extends between and snaps in place between where the protrusion where the wires come out of the headliner and at the mirror mount. It will become dislodged if you bang it while cleaning the windshield....been there, done that a dozen times already!
  17. D

2016 / 19 Explorer Roof Racks - Totally Different

Yeah I saw that and thought what a STUPID...STUPID idea that was!
  18. D

Corroded Battery Terminal / Cable

If this is a 2015, Wouldn't this be covered under warranty?
  19. D

2016 XLT Brakes

I personally wouldn't use them. Heat soak is the no. 1 killer of braking ability and the covers would trap heat causing degradation of braking ability. I plan on getting drilled and slotted rotors in a few years to enhance the look and performance of my brakes.
  20. D

Brake Wear and Rotor Grooving

Grooves and ridges are not normal (on a new-er vehicle) but do appear over time and indicates that you will need to turn or replace the rotors and pads.
  21. D

Best Place for OEM Wheels

Don't get me wrong about the polished wheels. I like the look, I just wish they were not clear coated so I could polish and care for them they way we should. I dislike having them scratch or crack near the rim/center cap/lug nut hole and then water gets in there and there is nothing you can do...
  22. D

Best Place for OEM Wheels

They may look better but after a few years they will start to corrode/pit/peel due to the clear coat deteriorating!
  23. D

rear knuckle/spindle issue

Isn't this failure under warranty? If so why are you having to pay for it?
  24. D

Aftermarket Sport Exhaust Thread

Looking for any input as to sound quality/ performance gains for Magnaflo/Flowmaster/Borla etc. exhaust installation. If so are there any videos where I can hear what they sound like! If you used Flow mast what is teh difference between all the different number series mufflers?
Back