Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

turn signals out, help!!!

My turn signals just went out too. However, my 4 way falshers still work. When you first turn the signal on you can hear one "ping" from the flasher unit but the turn signals never blink. I have replaced the Multi function switch about a year ago because my wiper switch on it went bad...
  2. P

powerstroke diesel engine

I've got the diesel engine sollution!!!! I just came in from tinkering with my boat when it dawned on me. There are literally hundreds of different small, powerful, diesel engiens from a large number of manufactures for use in boats. The only thing you have to do to make one work is adapt...
  3. P

94 4.0 Bad valve clatter

I think I have the same type of problem. If I set my cruise at 65mph I gst real bad clatter. If I slow down to 60 or 61 it almost completely goes away. Really it clatter anytime I'm at 1900 to 2000 rpms. I ran a tank of premium 93 octane and a bottle of cleaner through my also. It never...
  4. P

Engine Ticking/Clatterig at 16 to 1,800 RPMs

I've got a problem that has gotten worse over time. I have a '92 XLT with 130,000 miles on it. When I'm going down the highway I get engine ticking at around 1,700ish RPMs. If I step on the gas it gets louder then goes away after I exceed about 2,000 RPMs. Then as I go down the road some...
  5. P

Help weird noise on 92 exp

For anyone interested... I have now replaced my auto hubs with Warn Manuals. It stopped the loud popping, thunking, and intermittent grinding/buzzing noises all together. $285 for parts and easy to do yourself. However... After I got those major noises cleared up I noticed that I still...
  6. P

Front axle bearing.

Thank Heavens! It was just the Front axle "U" joints. Up and running smooth again.......
  7. P

Broken gas gauge or tank float problem?

Problem reversed I have a similar problem but mine is reversed. I always get aroung 200 miles on the first half tank of gas and about 100 miles on the second half. I wish both halves got 200 miles I hate filling up every 5 days. I would be nice to drive all week and only fill up once. (We...
  8. P

Front axle bearing.

What are the symptoms of a front axle bearing going bad and how much of a bear is it to fix? (Not the wheel bearings... but the front drive axle.) Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
  9. P

Weebo.... The manuals won't do you any good if your transfer case is not engaging. You will just lock in that axel and it and the drive saft will turn when you move but with no power to it. Like towing a reawheel drive vhehicle in neutral. I'd guess (and I'm no mechanic) that if you light...
  10. P

Wilk, Do you have manual Hub locks or auto. If you have manual locks and they were not locked I'd have no ideas for you. But, if you have automatics, as mine were going bad they wouldn't engage part of the time and they wouldn't dis-engage part of the time. So you your hubs are stuck in...
  11. P

I ordered my Manuals through Advanced Auto Parts. You can order them through NAPA and some other parts store chains. You can also find them pretty cheap on the internet. You need to things to do the conversion you need the Manual Hubs, and you need a conversion kit. I got Warn hubs. It...
  12. P

Power steering problem!?

Did you check the fluid level? They do that when they're low on fluid from a small leak too.
  13. P

Pulls to the left with manual hubs locked!

I just put manual hubs on last week. Now I notice when the hubs are locked, whether or not I'm in 4X4 the thing pulls to the left. It didn't do it before it switched that I remember but then again the first time this year that I used 4X4 I lost an autohub and swithched to manuals. Anyone...
  14. P

Power steering leaking: seal or something else?

Could be something other than hoses My '92XLT started leaking power steering fluid. It looked like it was comming from the top of the steering box; but I cleaned it all up and got to looking and it was actually the seal on the lower pitman shaft. The parts to fix it were cheap but we had to...
  15. P

Noise under your feet. My '92XLT was doing the same thing. It started last year and would do it once in a while when I was in 4x4 then it got where it would do it all the time in 4x4. We got our first snow of the year last week and I went to use my 4x4 and my good old, "thunk, thunk, thunk"...
Back