Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

Here are some updated pics. I got some more work done to the monster this weekend and it came out of the cave on its own power. Still need to get the steering and a few things done to be complete. Enjoy the pics for now.
  2. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

You are correct! Any suggestion on the steering system ? I have a S box from a F100 and one from a 4runner? I'm not sure what route to take. Thanks
  3. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

Well I was able to break away from "Honey Do List" and put some hours on the Ex. I got it standing on its own :thumbsup:, Springs, buckets, and bases are in. Now I got to make a trac bar, mount the steering box and so on. Lets see how long that takes. At least I have not given up. Yea...
  4. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

Well its been a while since my last post. I was able to mock up the spring buckets and modify them the way I wanted. It does'nt look like much, but its a step in the right direction. Check them out.
  5. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

Thanks for the info on the d-shaft. I found a local shop that can do it. Now how about the t-case? Do most of you run the CV in the front when using the OG t-case or swap it out with maybe an f150 part?
  6. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

THANKS! Does anyone have any tips on converting the front of the T-case from CV to U-joint?
  7. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

Well, Its been a while,but I got a little work done on the front end. Everthing seems to be lining up better than I thought. Hopefully I can get some more done this week. Wish me LUCK!
  8. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

Thanks! I know most of you guys and gals are into the rock crawling but here in S. Florida the only crawling we do is when where getting out of a mud hole:D. So its "Go BIG or GO HOME" when it comes to your rig. I am trying to stay as low as possible for safety reasons, but it's not easy running...
  9. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

So far the rear has 4" leafs, 4" blocks and 1.5" warrior shackles. If you have a 2dr sport you can get away with allot of fender mods.
  10. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

Well progress has been slow. I finally got my wheels back from the powder coater. Today I mounted the tires and I used dynamic beads to balance them. I have never used them before but from what I have heard from those that have, they should work well. The rear is set up so I will start working...
  11. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

Well I got some parts in and started cleaning up the frame to mock up where everything is goning to go. But duty called and had to go to the J-O-B. Radius arm extension and 6.5" lift coils Gears, bushing, bearing and lots of goodies. Quicky mock up. Wasn't able to do much...
  12. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

GOT 40's;) Still waiting on gears etc. Should be in soon so I can get this thing together.:D
  13. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

So far I have recieved BC 6.5 springs, 7* C bushings and 10* RA bushings. Still waiting on the Stone Crusher extensions and some other goodies.
  14. F

SAS pre-game plan

I have a nice set you can have from a 2005 Sp-trac which are the same size, but the shipping might kill you. Let me know, my zip is 33184.:cool:
  15. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

Well, with that said I'm going for it. I'm ordering parts right now:D
  16. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

By the way B2, your truck is SWEEEEEEEEEEET!
  17. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

Thanks, what box is that?
  18. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

Thanks, How about redrilling the lower coil base and moving them in. It might be worth about 1.5''s.
  19. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

Thanks, I'm going with the coils set up but from what i've read only the early hp d44 have welded wedges and the later one are casted in like my is. I just want to make sure it won't be a problem for me since the majority recomend the 44 with the welded wedges.
  20. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

I suggest if you have the space is to scout the junk yards for axles and start buying parts here and there till you think you got it all then do it. I can promise you 1 thing, you won't get it done in 1 weekend cause the minute you think you have all the parts you find out you don't. So be...
  21. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

Thx for the GREAT 411Kirby :thumbsup:, so from what I understood you only need to do one side right. Well today I pulled out the hp d44 from the backyard to get all the caked on grease/dirt off with the presure cleaner and discovered something that I was hoping I didn't have, "casted wedges"...
  22. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

Nice set up:thumbsup:. So I guess the hardest thing is laying everything out in the correct spot. Is that hump you mentioned only on Sports or gen 1s cause I havn't noticed it. So far it looks like its Stone Crusher extensions, BC coils, 1 ton tre's, 7 degree wedges, and a few more thing I...
  23. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

Thanks, I'm just going one step at a time. I still need to order some stuff for the front end, I just have to make sure I'm going to stay with the coil set up. I'm in no hurry since the Ex set up in the garage and it's not my DD. I just want to do it right the first time.
  24. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

Do you mind posting some pics for ref. Thx Well I got some work done yesterday with help form my brother and a good buddy and all it cost me was some Chinese take out. Most of the front suspension removal and cutting was done so I passed the point of no return:D. Now I'm just having second...
  25. F

1st SAS Explorer Project

Thanks:thumbsup:. Thats sounds like the plan. If all goes well I'll be cutting the front end off with a buddys plasma cutter tomorrow. I'll post pic's if I do.
Back