Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Kick Panels for 2002 XLT

check www.crutchfield.com they have a what fits my vehicle feature
  2. S

Amp install question

Power and remote turn on can be ran on the same side as they are both coming from the same source (pos side of battery) what you want to avoid if possible is running power cables and rca cables side by side eventhough it can be done withno problems
  3. S

Amp install question

can be done both ways but there is a higher likely hood of you introducing noise into the system when power wires and rca's are ran on the same side of the vehicle especially if you have a weak ground
  4. S

stock deck with system?

Or you could just get them to install a line converter that will convert the line level to RCA that's what I did with my Mustang and my Explorer. I did it so that when people walk by it looks stock.
  5. S

2005 what springs are recommended?

Want to go with about a 1.5 - 2" drop. I've found a site that has Ground Force springs listed for an X. I can't find anything else i.e. Stillen, Eibach. Does anyone else make springs for a 3rd gen? How do the Ground Force springs ride. I don't want a bumpy ride and might have to tow a mini van...
  6. S

Full console wire harness diagram?

If no one has it you might have to go purchase a Haynes or Chilton manual from an auto parts store. In my area I think they go for around $12 a pop. Only problem you might find is that they often cover a broad range of years and wire color may have changed. That's the problem I had with my...
  7. S

Perfect fit behind 3rd row!

Thanks Froader, I don't know where I was messing up, especially since I got one of the pics to load yesterday.
  8. S

I got one pic to load yesterday but now it's not loading here's a link to where the photos are hosted on yahoo. They're in the Explorer album. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/smittyrock3/album?.dir=eca5&.src=ph
  9. S

anyone know how to put in a line output converter

That's how i did my set up in my 02 Stang. Was very easy because the rear deck allowed easy access of the wires through the trunk.
  10. S

another try at posting a pic
  11. S

yahoo photos
  12. S

can anyone see the pics? i tried following the instructions in the new member area and used the img name as it is on the web page i saved them at and i can see them on my cpu.
  13. S

1996 XLT Head Unit??

do as jeff has stated and you can't go wrong. try crutchfield they have some pretty good deals depending on what you want do. they even have untis for around $100 that have aux inputs frotn panel as well as volume/bass controls for your subs
  14. S

how do you open the hood (billet grille)

I bought a T-Rex grille and it does not interfere with opening the hood at all. It still operates as if the factory grille was installed. I have an 05 and the latch is at a point that is accessible when the hood is popped. Not sure if this is the case with earlier trucks I also bought the more...
  15. S

First time posting pics hope this works.
  16. S

Installed Ipod and Subs in 97X

Nice, real clean fiberglass look. That's a skill I really need to look into.
  17. S

I just purchased this box from Crutchfield Q-Logic QLH-10D75 Dual 10" Hatchback Subwoofer Box. It is a perfect fit for anyone who owns a 3rd gen with the third row seat and it's cheaper than a custom built box. I hooked it up with two 10" MTX subs powered by a Precision Power amp. Plays loud...
  18. S

Cold Air Help

Thanks KKM,that's the info i was looking for. Is that pic for an 04 and 4.0. I'm deployed in Iraq and wife traded the Stang for me so I haven't seen the vehicle's engine compartment yet but should be home shortly. Ordering stuff now so it's home when I get there.
  19. S

Cold Air Help

I originally posted this in Need for speed but only got one response that didn't really answer my question. I'm looking for a cold air intake for a 2005 XLT 4.0. I've only found ones listed for up to 2004 but if I'm correct anything for I think an 02 - 05 should be pretty much the same. This is...
  20. S

Cold air intake help needed

Planning on purchasing a cold air intake, found this one (link at end of thread) with a K&N filter. I'm having problems finding stuff listed for an 05. If I'm correct shouldn't intakes made for 02-04 fit my 05 XLT 4.0. Has anyone here used one of the two intakes in the link? What's the average...
  21. S

Truck Box (Wedge shaped)

Has anyone used a wedge shaped box like the ones designed to go behind the seats of a pick up? I have an 05 XLT with third row seating. I was going to go with a Bazooka tube but after doing a search most seem to not like them. I can't go with the stealth box because I have the rear a/c unit.
  22. S

LOC's

I'm confused here. If you use a left + and a right - isn't that gonna cause greater output from the amp? Sounds like that would bridge the amp. I've used a converter in my Mustang and I matched my wires for the connection i.e. left to left positive to positve. Sure this works if you've done it...
  23. S

how to install a stereo

No, you get a harness for your specific vehicle. Just go to a stereo shop and tell them what you need.
  24. S

how to install a stereo

Yes, the harness will connect to the plug on the car. Easiest way to do it is to make connections to your aftermarket headunit inside the house or someplace. Use wire connectors or solder. If you twist and tape you will redo later because a connection will more than likely come loose. Then it...
  25. S

how to install a stereo

You should be able to find a wiring harness adapter at any Radio Shack or stereo shop. Maybe even a Wal-Mart. There are several new radios at Crutchfield that are compatible with IPOD adapters and if you buy your deck from them it will come with the wiring harness adapter. You can also enter...
Back