Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Solved 5R55E - No First Gear Problem

Smooth Downshift Hi Matt, Since I don't drive the Explorer everyday it took a while to answer your questions about how it downshifts now. No matter how or when or at what speed I shift to low manually, the downshift is smooth. No matter if I hit 2nd first or go straight to Low it catches as...
  2. M

I don't know what "identify the TSB" means but I will be going back to Chico in the next week or so and ask the service advisor just that. He did say he was under the vehicle and saw where the gasket was blown out. I was under warranty and the bill was stamped WARRANTY and $ 0.00 where the price...
  3. M

Matt, The Ford Service Dept. in Chico was glad to get the Info on the gaskets that took care of the 1st gear problem. I was the first to come in for the repair they said. In addition to the three gaskets listed in your first update they also replaced a gasket with the part #F5TZ-7D100-B...
  4. M

It Doesn't Get Any Better !!

Hello, I learned of this site and forum from someone on the rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer telling me about the fix for the 5R55E 5 speed auto transmission that would not shift to low when manually shifted there. I took my vehicle to the service department today and they called to tell me...
Back