Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

runnin on 4 cyls

It does sound like fuel injectors stuck open. That is the only thing I can think of that put that much fuel into your exhaust system. You mentioned that it keeps burning the spark plugs. Do you mean that it is burning the electrodes off of the plugs? Usually when an injector is stuck open , even...
  2. S

Trailer hitch interchange- BII to Ex

I want to put a trailer hitch on my 1st Gen. Ex (93) , and I remember having one I took off of a BII I used to have. It`s in good enough shape, and like to use it instead of buying new. Can anyone tell me if the rear section of the frame is the same width between a BII and a 1st Gen. Ex? I can`t...
  3. S

need fast reply, tranny line

If you have`nt got it yet, try loosening any clamps or brackets that might be holding it so you have all the leeway you can get to get it started. Just an idea. Good luck.
  4. S

AC relay?Or?

Jason is right about the resistor. But, the 80-90%, are you talking about 80-90% of full system pressures? A/C gauge readings are the first things check to find a problem. It could just be the low pressure switch doing it`s job keeping the comp from kicking on when the system is low.
  5. S

Power door locks inop. ...Ideas?

Thanks again for the replies. I now have power door locks working. I decided to check the wiring under the drivers side door sill, and I found some interesting stuff. It seems a previous owner had an aftermarket radio installed. I didn`t know this, as it has a factory radio in it now. Well, it...
  6. S

Thanks for all the replies. Brooklyn Bay, you mentioned the "GEM". Clue me in on the abbreviation. That`s an idea about the alarm too, but I don`t when I`ll get one. Well, $37.00 later, I tried the switches, no good. I do have to recheck the fuse in case I touched something and blew it...
  7. S

A/C leak?

2 things. First, the "dust caps" are just that. The seals in the caps are put there to satisfy EPA people to help seal the system in case of a leak at the port. They are NOT intended to be the seal for the system. It sounds like replacing the service ports are the answer. Second, when you see...
  8. S

headlight switch harness problems

Aftermarket parts houses carry a line of factory style connectors. I have used them, but for the life of me I can`t remember the brand name. I think it might be "Help" brand, but I`m not sure. Try NAPA. I think they have them, but if not, try around, you`ll find them. I don`t know about...
  9. S

Brake Problem

A quick note about bleeding proceedure. One thing that DeRocha listed in the proceedure is really important. When bleeding depress the pedal GENTLY and SLOWLY. What you want to do is move a lot of fluid with the air in it. I see that your dad had been a mechanic for a long time, mine too. An...
  10. S

Brooklyn Bay and ma96782, good ideas both, and correct. It seems it isn`t the simple circuit after all, what is any more. I dug up a diagram and there is even a splice going to power mirror switches, which work okay. ma96782, it must be like trying to bench test one of the old dual ballast...
  11. S

The 93 XLT I bought a little while ago hasn`t had power door locks operating since I bought it. It hasn`t been an issue so I haven`t done anything, but now I think I`d like to get going on them. I pulled and check and cleaned the fuse and it is okay. I pulled the master switch out and checked...
  12. S

converted A/C not working in my 1992 XLT

Roeseph, I used to work for a company that had a fleet of trucks that I retrofitted to 134a, and I`ve done probably 125 to 150 of them. I did all of the a/c work, so I would see the truck anytime it needed a/c work. After doing maybe 20 or 25 I started seeing the same...
  13. S

engine codes, need some advice. been chasing this for over a year.

Hi Missouriman, I saw a problem like this on a Ranger once. It turns out the truck had been in a wreck at sometime or another and when it was repaired, a wire was stripped by a sheet piece and wasn`t caught at the time of the repair. The wire would short out, cause the...
  14. S

1993 Electrical Start/Acc Problem

Hi Everybody, I just joined and so far, this is outstanding. Good call Omegaman2. Also, ManixT, check and make sure the fuses and relays are actually making contact at the tabs where they plug in. Any blade type fuse or relay that hasn`t been moved in a long time can build up...
Back