Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Any 2nd generation dash removal?

Ahhh, I see there is a sticky on this very subject: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230020
  2. S

Any 2nd generation dash removal?

Dead Link Removed will cover the cluster
  3. S

Interior lighting burnt out-can it be fixed?

Dead Link Removed will walk you through your instrument panel removal.
  4. S

4x4 transfer case issues.

Same chain story here too. Easy way to check if the chain is slipping: Find a tall curb or a stairstep type obstacle. Put the front wheels up against it. Have somebody ease on the gas in 4lo while you're on your belly watching the front driveshaft.
  5. S

Serious Problem Need Help ASAP!!!

Check those rear u-joints again. I had a shudder once... Rear ujoints were nice & tight. Until I put the rear axle on jackstands and spun the driveshaft with the tranny in neutral. Then I found the u-joint slop.
  6. S

Flashing 4x4 Lights + No 4WD Low?

The 4wd lights are flashing because the computer is seeing a problem with your transfer case. Check your wiring connectors on the tcase, maybe it's just as simple as that. With that light flashing, I don't think it will shift into 4wd at all. Are you sure you still get 4hi?
  7. S

Idle Air Control Adjustment

Lots of good info in here. Is that .95V with the throttle shut or WOT?
  8. S

1997 Explorer Flasher Location

Mine did that too. Worked sometimes, then not. Turned out the multifunction switch (the innards of the turn signal stalk) were very dirty. I cleaned up the copper contacts & put on a little dielectric grease. All good since.
  9. S

Stock shackle length?

Anybody know this off the top of their head? Mine is a 96 4wd, 4dr v6 if that makes a difference.
  10. S

Bad Vibrations when accelerating ....Help!

I don't remember about the front shaft either. I swapped in a manual t-case a while back. I assume the bad u-joint would be in the rear shaft... So while it's out you might as well replace all 3.
  11. S

Bad Vibrations when accelerating ....Help!

I'd put my money on a worn out driveshaft u-joint.
  12. S

Suspension thunk noise

My 96 did that a while back. Turned out to be a broken sway bar link. Ford issued a recall to fix it too.
  13. S

No alignment needed after TT?

My TT was..... 30,000 miles ago, maybe? Many rotations since then, and the same BFG AT's are still wearing evenly.
  14. S

No alignment needed after TT?

Mine didn't change either.
  15. S

Dash Lights under bezel

The best way would be just to take one out and go to a parts store or radio shack to match it up. You'll find them.
  16. S

3rd shock on rear axle

From what I've heard it's crap. I took mine off the other day and the mysterious thumping noise on bumps went away.
  17. S

Hooking up 4x4 Dash lights

I'm not sure. But the original poster has a 93 navajo. Might shoot him a PM.
  18. S

Hooking up 4x4 Dash lights

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//archive/index.php/t-127658.html
  19. S

help new heads now engine runs like crap

I haven't done this on a 4.0 specifically, but the process should be similar. Each cylinder is done separately at TDC. Rotate the pushrod with your fingers while tightening the adjuster until you feel a point where there is slight resistance - you are now at 0 lash. 1/4 to 1/2 turn more is...
  20. S

Straight pipes

I'll 2nd that. My old jeep with the buick V6 and stubby glasspacks that turned out in front of the rear wheels sounded like an airplane too. Many guys told me the same thing. It was OK on an old jeep, but I think it would be goofy having an Ex sound like that.
  21. S

96 XLT transfer case

I control the axle disconnect solenoids with a toggle switch. A big plus of this is the availability of 2lo.
  22. S

Ohe boy's Full Width D44/Ford 9"

NICE! Those back tires tuck up perfectly. Any rubbing there?
  23. S

96 XLT transfer case

You weren't dreaming, some guys have done the swap. I'm one of them. A 1354 case out of a 90-something Ranger bolted right in. I'm very happy with the outcome. There are a couple electrical issues to deal with if you go this route. Nothing terrible though.
  24. S

Hey Guys... Thought ya'll might enjoy this...

How about: -You go four-wheeling for your anniversary? (yes, we did in '05... our 14th)
  25. S

front end problem, i think?

What was it?
Back