Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Need help!! Window stuck down!

Window regulator replacement This happened to me a couple of months ago. It's a pretty easy repair and you can get a Dorman regulator for under a $100. I got mine at the local Advance Auto Parts and it was in stock (I guess it happens pretty frequently). There's a thread that shows how to...
  2. P

2ng gear Flair and no 5th

Worked for me I had a similar problem with my 02 4.6. You might consider the following...
  3. P

Servo pin wear on the bore of 5R55W transmissions?

Modified servo installed, so far, so good. Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I thought my experience might be helpful to someone facing the same issue. I've been having the typical symptoms of a worn OD servo bore on my 02 w/ 150K. Trans was previously rebuilt by the Ford dealer at 37K...
  4. P

2002 XLT 4.6 Coolant Leak

Thanks Thanks for the response Zerodevil. That doesn't sound too bad - easier than the Haynes process for R/R the intake manifold. I'm looking for a break in the weather to tackle this and will post the results when done.
  5. P

I think the link posted by Mirge is for the 4.0 six cylinder. The problem I've got is with the 4.6 V8. I suspect the intake manifold removal process is a bit different though I've not worked on the 4.0. Or did I misunderstand?
  6. P

Thanks Thanks for the information, Zerodevil. I'll probably pickup a gasket set locally and tear into it when the weather gets a little better (no heat in the garage). In a previous post, you said this was a 2 hour job? You must be a pretty fair mechanic. Looking at my Haynes manual, this...
  7. P

Intake Manifold Gaskets? I'd like to hear more about the intake manifold gaskets Zerodevil. I thought that when the manifold itself failed, it was more of a complete failure where all the coolant dumped out. That's not really what I have, it's more of a slow leak or seepage. It looks like...
  8. P

Coolant Leak Thanks for the reply. I'll probably put the Dorman replacement (from AutoPartDirectToYou on eBay) on as the truck has 150K miles. As I did more research, I found reference to the class action suit (which I missed). I was hoping there was an easier fix.
  9. P

I have an early build 2002 with the 4.6 V8. I got a small leak on the top of the engine that's leaving coolant near the numbers 5 & 6 cylinders (driver's side). I've replace the top radiator hose, thermostat, and o-ring seal but I can't seem to find the source of the leak. It almost appears...
  10. P

How to: How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

My approach to hub replacement I'm only on this board occasionally but I've also struggled with front hub replacement, doing both last year on my 02. As most have commented, the real difficulty is removing the three bolts that hold the hub to the knuckle. I took a bit different approach for...
  11. P

Fixed my reverse parking sensor system

Worked for me I purchased the sensors off E-Bay ($7.99 ea + shipping) and installed using gsmaclean's instructions. I had given up fixing this until I found this thread. Spent about an hour on this and they work as new. Very happy to have this fixed for less than $40 (especially with my son...
  12. P

Intake Manifold Crack?

My first post and it looks like I have a nasty problem. 2002 XLT with the 4.6 V-8. 120K Miles. Driving home last night, I hear what sounds like an exhaust leak coming from under the hood. This morning, I took off the throttle body "beauty" cover and found a cracked coil on the #3 cyl...
Back