Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Can't start 96 Explorer - Only key fob broken

Hi , is this the instruction for the `97 model non PATS Bosch single button? A friend with that model wants to bypass the immobiliser as his fob isn`t working. I know that the relay on the pump has to be modified as described elsewhere. I was lucky to get a replacement block and key which fixed...
  2. R

Diagnostics

just downloaded this software which is specifically for Ford, Lincoln, Mercury using ELM 327 and it read all sorts of stuff off my 1998 Explorer and correctly identified the model etc. Best of all it`s FREE!! I used my windows tablet to access the vehicle no problem. http://forscan.org/ It`s...
  3. R

Scottish Explorer Breaking

hi, I have a 1998 explorer xlt (that`s what the badge on the back says anyway , but it`s exactly the same as my old 1997 which I`ve sold ) I`m looking for a working transfer case shift motor with the sensors. I`ve got the flashing lights and from experience it`s going to be quicker to change the...
  4. R

Newport Breakers Yard

At the moment I`m keeping it going but I`ll let you know if I decide to break it.
  5. R

Newport Breakers Yard

An update for you !! I`ve just spoken to Justin Woodham in Newport and he has allowed me to post a contact telephone number for him. 01633 860606 (UK dialling code obviously) He`s told me that he`s still carrying out the all same work to Explorers as before. Hope this is of help to everyone...
  6. R

Newport Breakers Yard

I`ve got two Explorers, both same model though one registered in 1997 and the other registered 1998. They`re identical otherwise. The 97 is on 186 k miles and the 98 is on a mere 70 k. The 97 one is getting a bit tatty but still runs fine but with the scarcity of reliable breakers in my neck of...
  7. R

Newport Breakers Yard

In the UK the exhaust comes as one complete unit. On ebay you can get one (from the part reference it`s a Timax) for £109. Frustrating when in the US it`s available as two parts which makes fitting much easier. Rockauto show several two section versions but the EU spec is still one piece on...
  8. R

dismantling 1999 explorer

Thanks for your reply Chris. Looks like I`ll have to trawl all the scrap yards if I`m to find anything from now on. It was bound to happen sooner or later, there`s not too many earlier Explorers left. A lot must have been wieghed in when the scrap price was really high !! On the other hand the...
  9. R

Newport Breakers Yard

Just to update everyone, Justin has finished at Newport and is now working for MotoZone in Caerleon near Newport. I`ve spoken to him recently. It seems his expertise are being put to good use for his employer who now has a new clientele of Explorer owners. They claim to carry out the same work...
  10. R

Fuel filler neck

I managed to get one from Justin in Newport for my 97 Explorer (before he finished there) the entry neck for the tank was also rusted so I had to fibreglass that but it did the trick and that was 3 years ago now. So just make sure the tank is in good condition before you finish the job. I`ts...
  11. R

dismantling 1999 explorer

Hi Chris, It`s a long time since I posted anything on the forums so I thought I`d update you since my last request about programming a Bosch single button remote fob. I`ve been advised by Justin in Newport that It`s a job for Ford only. At that time he was hoping to obtain the kit for doing the...
  12. R

All you need to know about keyless entry

Hi, I`m trying to find a way of programming the same remote. I`m in the UK and the Bosch was the european version using a single button remote too. Here the Ford dealerships want about £170 to program them and want the vehicle in overnight usually. The Probe (UK registered) uses the exact same...
Back