Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

A/C Compreesor

Will this work for a '92? I never considered replacing the belt. I hope this works since there's no way I can afford a A/C overhaul. The compressor seized back in the spring. A few weeks ago, it started chirping. A couple weeks ago, the dang truck sounded like a grist mill. Now, the clutch has...
  2. E

Power Door Lock "spins"

I have '95 XLT that has a problem with the front passenger power door lock. It will not engage. When any of the power door lock buttons are pushed, you hear the motor spinning, but nothing happens. I have to wonder if this is like the problem with Bushings when Power Windows quit working...
  3. E

Power Window Bushing Replacement

Nuts instead of Bushings! Having depleted every none tactic for tracking down the bushings from an autozone, or local napa, I used 1/4 inch zinc plated nuts. I called the folks at South Florida Window Lift and they suggested the nuts. Total cost was 48 cents! And, as others have pointed...
  4. E

How to: 1992 Power Window Bushing Replacement

Nuts instead of Bushings! Having depleted every none tactic for tracking down the bushings from an autozone, or local napa, I used 1/4 inch zinc plated nuts. I called the folks at South Florida Window Lift and they suggested the nuts. Total cost was 48 cents! And, as others have pointed...
  5. E

Power Window Bushing Replacement

So how did you know you needed to replace the bushings? I've got a '92 and the windows will not go up or down without help. Pushing the buttons just makes them make a clicking noise.
  6. E

How to: 1992 Power Window Bushing Replacement

So how did you know you needed to replace the bushings? I've got a '92 and the windows will not go up or down without help. Pushing the buttons just makes them make a clicking noise.
Back