Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Converting '99 Ranger 4.0 OHV to '02 4.0 SOHC

So, the Ranger's got a cracked OHV block. I have an ENTIRE 2002 salvage Explorer XLT, with a SOHC. Both auto trans. Both PATS. What kind of magic will I have to perform to make this happen, or will the engine play nice with the slightly older platform? I bought the Expo for the trans, rear...
  2. M

WTB: 3rd-gen middle center row seat bottom

Need the bottom cushion/upholstery in gray leather. Shipped to N.E. Florida (32011).
  3. M

Low speed lockup

I searched, but couldn't find a thread that fit what I was experiencing. On my Expo with Auto 4wd. Reverse or drive in low speeds, especially while turning, I get an occasional momentary wheel lockup, and a jarring clunk. Kind of unnerving.
  4. M

Mystery pin found in 5R55E pan. (Calling trans gurus!)

JK080, if I am ever in N. GA, I'm going to give you a huge hug! I was hoping it was something shallow inside. Now, to find a manual ctrl...... I was beginning to believe this truck was stealing my mojo.
  5. M

Mystery pin found in 5R55E pan. (Calling trans gurus!)

I took out the trans in my husbands' 1999 XLT to fix a leaking rear main, since I already had it drained, due to a blown valve body gasket (popped at reverse servo). Upon reinstallation, we found the torque converter wasn't fully seated, and had to back the bellhousing off, to even turn the...
  6. M

Anybody done anything fun with this hole?

I keep jumper cables in it. (For those less-fortunate Blazer/Jimmy owners.) :D
Back