Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Where to hook relay?

im going to have two switches spliced for the relay thru the same wire... for example, if i want to just run it for testing, ill flip the switch (which is mounted in my glovebox rite now)... but if i would just rather it run when the car is started, ill leave the switch on that goes to the fuel...
  2. B

Where to hook relay?

any idea where it is in a 3rd gen? or is it typically the same? thanx for the advice:thumbsup:
  3. B

Where to hook relay?

i finally installed my hydrogen generation cell after much headache and money spent... ive abandoned this forum for a bit to research with HHOforums.com but now i come back with a question and am bringing mpg results ASAP where is a good place to hook my relay for my generator that only comes...
  4. B

FINALLY!!! New Tires, Rotors and Springs.

yea well they make it that way and they make it applicable with just a brush... im not saying ive experimented with the stickiness of it to plastic, but yes thats what im talking about... it goes on very thick with metal and i figure that its harder to stick to metal than plastic anyway... and...
  5. B

i like this idea... if u try putting a heavy primer on ur plastic u mite be able to buy a can of brushable herculiner that goes on pretty nicely... itd give it a pretty good touch... if not, u can always fall back to the krylon fusion black well ive done a few caliper jobs for some of my...
  6. B

i work at an autozone and everything ull need for this job is provided there... get the engine coating primer, brake cleaner, heavy grit sandpaper, and the engine coating or caliper coating of ur choice of color... spray with the brake cleaner and let it dry, then hit it with the sandpaper, and...
  7. B

My quest for 25

well at least initially ur ECU has to adjust for the extra air flow and once it does, itll give u better response and a slight mpg increase... if uve had it for a while, im not sure why it would still be making u slack in mpg
  8. B

My quest for 25

lye is pretty intense so most people suggest using 1/4 teaspon in a gallon or half gallon... im using it pretty soon to make a good solution... ill let yall know my results
  9. B

My quest for 25

for hydrogen gens, if the hydranox is good than thats def good but u coulda saved a bit by making ur own... my previous crappy design got me +1 in the city only making .5 lpm of hydroxy gas... so knowing that it actually works, i can get the materials i need to make my third generator the...
  10. B

2.5 inch spring lift + 3 inch body lift

great idea man! now that uve got the body higher, running duals thru the back over the diff (and not under:thumbdwn:) will look much better... looks great and post pics of the exhaust when u get it put on:thumbsup:
  11. B

HHO electrolyzer experiment

first results... finally made a decently-designed box that doesnt get overly-hot... its pumping out a somewhat sluggish .5lpm of hydroxy gas but shockingly, even that tiny bit is making a difference... i jumped from 15mpg to 16mpg in the city so obviously even a tiny bit makes a difference...
  12. B

haha well i appreesh any advice cuz im still tackling this beast i just made a new design and installed it today in the spot where my old one was... still gets hot but not hot enough to melt the posts and im making more gas than before... the design can still be improved and i may add to it...
  13. B

i appreesh the advice... ill check it out man
  14. B

hot enough to melt plastic... and im not sure if it kept getting hotter... but pretty freakin hott
  15. B

update: i put the first side into the pvc electrical box and sealed it up and production was decent as expected... i havent made the second side yet but i am still completely confused as to how to keep the temperature low... if i bring the voltage down too much, production creeps along like a...
  16. B

3rd gen: After the massive plastic

nice work man... i did the same thing with my boards when i got the springs... if u get rid of them, it gives u more clearance and makes it look taller... good to go man:thumbsup:
  17. B

if anyone has any ideas on how to keep temperature low, please let me know... thats the main issue im having trouble with... im going to step up to most likely between 6-1 gauge wire so im hoping that will lower resistance... but the box will still probably heat the solution so any ideas would...
  18. B

2nd and 3rd concept i figured i would separate the container into 4 separate parts and use two plates close together to make some gas... it worked but the heat produced skyrocketed and melted the ground post on the box i wanted to make a sturdy design that can take some abuse...
  19. B

i agree but im hoping that all the O2 and H2 will be burned and possibly use less gasoline... thats the predicted result... im not sure if itll really work but i mite as well give it a try cuz its cheap finally got around to 1/2 way done with my new design... here r pictures of my LONG old...
  20. B

Lift Kits

id say if these arent vehicle-specific, it probably wont work... the holes for the studs may even be off by a couple tenths of an inch and not work... i wouldnt buy it until i was positive it would work... coilsprings is ur safest bet to modify the stock suspension
  21. B

wow im way behind sorry about that... but yea hopefully ull add some mpg with this beast... once i get it completely operational ill be sure to fill u in
  22. B

well im going through orientation for LSU rite now cuz im just starting so ill be up for doing some more work thursday hopefully... ill get some pics of the old setup and why it failed... rite now i have it run with 10 gauge wire and the issue im having is a bit confusing... the terminals on the...
  23. B

Project Debling the Ex

agreed... much harder to keep clean and gloss black looks better anyway:thumbsup:
  24. B

3"Suspension, 3"body ,and 285/75s :D

looks awesome man... its time someone stepped up to the plate and tried to tackle this... very nice work:thumbsup:
  25. B

well once i actually get an efficient system installed i will go ahead and show pictures of my entire back-breaking, time consuming project with some research so far, i started off with an average mileage of 15.6 MPG before i added an electrolyzer... mind u that i have 32 inch tires but that...
Back