Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Cat, muffler, and piping replacement

So you replaced the large resonator with a straight-pipe? How does it sound (what's the difference with/without)? would this affect performance? I replaced my system with a Magnaflow cat-back but I believe the installer left the large resonator (I thought that was the cat???)
  2. J

"Audiophile" Stereo?

Yes, quite different. It was completly redone. In the 06 model, the headunit directly amplifies the 4 door speakers. A preamp output with a 5v turn on lead (not the standard 12v) runs to the subwoofer in the back, which has a ~65w amp mounted next to it. If I remember correctly, the subwoofer...
  3. J

Replacing stock halogens with HID's?

Are you saying that ANY aftermarket HID kit is the problem? What about the kits sold from PilotHID? I have two other cars both with true HIDs (a Lexus RX330 and a Cadillac SRX) and obviously they are larger center bulb sytle, however you describe it. I understand that any HID kit is "for...
  4. J

Replacing stock halogens with HID's?

Xenon Hey, I just saw this thread. I was looking at this company a while ago. http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=31 They seem to be a very reputable HID manufacturer. They offer the H13 kit in a hi/low beam (bi-xenon???) version. You can purchase them in 4...
  5. J

"Audiophile" Stereo?

Removing factory radio I don't remember where the photo tutorial was, but it's not that difficult. 1. Open the middle console and remove the two bolts in the front. 2. Carefully use a flat screw driver and pry the chrome shifter plate up (it doesn't take much). 3. Lift out that whole...
  6. J

"Audiophile" Stereo?

Subwoofer Size What is the size of the factory subwoofer? I am attempting to perform a replacement of the sound system so that everything looks somewhat "factory". I have heard that the sub is a 6" and also an 8"? Does anyone have an accurate size as well as mounting depths, etc.? Thank you!
  7. J

Possible Upgrades: Suggestions???

Headers tenacioush, Have you found any headers yet??? Thanks! Justin
  8. J

Possible Upgrades: Suggestions???

Hello all, I am new to this forum but am glad I found others who are dedicated to their new Explorers. I have an 06 Eddie Bauer V8 and have installed a MagnaFlow catback exhaust system, KKM intake, and an X-Cal 2 (91 performace tune). At this point, there is not much else to do that is within...
Back