Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

How to: Overhead console display fix - 2nd Gen

I would re-check the console to make sure no "short" was created if you did any soldering.
  2. T

Explorer vs escape

Precisely because they are different I posed the question. Am not familiar with escape more than in pictures. Also I note that they are becoming popular here in Belize. I think the cons will highlight what makes them different. Notwithstanding, what I have read so far leads me to want to...
  3. T

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

At NAPA here in Belize. I am not in the USA lol.
  4. T

Could you beat $3.75 each on the NGK DBL Platinum!!!
  5. T

Explorer vs escape

"Ecoboost" not sure I understand lol, I think my next vehicle will have to last a while. At 67 not running around too much!!! That's the reason why I have been looking for a low mileage vehicle.
  6. T

Explorer vs escape

Ok, yes, I did ask for pros and cons. From what I am reading there are 2 things to consider. 1. Front wheel drive - not to keen on that!!! 2. And inside space vs the Explorer.
  7. T

Do these things need to be greased before you put them on?
  8. T

Explorer vs escape

Need some advice here. I am being offered a deal with a 2010 Ford Escape. I have been hunting for another Explorer say between a 2010 to 2012. Can anyone make a brief pros and cons re: the Escape over the Explorer. Used word "deal" because the price is very low for a vehicle.!! Thanks.
  9. T

Taking mine back to mechanic. The new belt tensioner (Prestone brand) I put in 2 1/2 weeks ago started rattling over the weekend. What could be the possible reason?? Anyone??
  10. T

Ball Joint Replacement Question

I always wonder about costs in the USA. We in Belize have very low (appreciated) rates for labour on repairs. The cost of parts is very high in comparison to you all. I guess you cannot win all. The fee for replacing ball joints here is around $50.00 for all four.
  11. T

Rattling Noise from Pillar/Passenger Door??

Have you checked the door lock strikers? When these go bad you get a rattle. Or your door latch itself.
  12. T

how to repair a leaking sun roof in a 1998 ford explorer

I had leak problems on mine. After doing all that is mentioned here I ended up removing it. The rubber around the glass was deteriorated badly. I then went to a welding shop that had an wreck with a good hood. Got the material from there to seal off the hole. The hardest parts was keeping...
  13. T

Ball Joint Replacement Question

It would be best, yes! Just for info. When I took mine in to align they damaged the grease boots. So make sure they are careful. It is difficult to get just the boots!
  14. T

Lumbar bladder losing air.

Thanks Guys. My switch is stuck in the "release" position. Will now follow the instructions above. Thanks a lot!!!!
  15. T

Driver Seat Foam Replacement/Rebuild

My airbag on the seat back does not retain air. Do you have a picture of what it looks like and what to repair or replace?
  16. T

Front Bumper Cover Replacement

Available on Ebay.
  17. T

5R55E Fluid Change and Filter Replace

According to Haynes manual there is a clip you will have to remove.
  18. T

Tranny flush question.....

I think I will go with that. Lol Hawaii - Ford here has the same for $13.00!!!
  19. T

Found this one at a gas station a few minutes ago. http://www.amazon.com/Castrol-06818-Transmax-Automatic-Transmission/dp/B008MISAYA $10.00 qt
  20. T

Thanks for the calrrification to others!! I, after doing more reading tend to lean more towards the Lucas 10418 (as second choice). My third choice is the Valvoline Merc V Motorcraft V being the first. However it is a matter of availability so will most likely go with the Lucas. Unless, I...
  21. T

Ironically Valvoline is conducting a 2 day symposium here this week. Cannot make contact with coordinators to lodge my "complaint" lol They are making a drive to take over the market since the three Majors - Exxon, Texaco/Chevron, Shell (partial) left.
  22. T

That is exactly what I wish I could put my hands on locally. But Ford here is not functioning like before. Any special order would cost near to $86.00 per gallon!
  23. T

I plan to drop the pan 4 times. Will then replace filter right before the last reassemble with new gasket. By then I should have taken out most of the old stuff. There has to be some gear shifting with each fill back to get the old fluid out into the pan. I will admit going the cooling...
  24. T

OK! I need to decide!! These are what I have available 1. Lucas Multivehicle - Mercon V 2. Pure Guard Global 3. Valvoline MaxLife DEX/MERC VI 4. Napa - V 5. Castrol Mercon V 6. Lucas Sure Shift 7. SUPER S - MERC V 8. Havoline VI Lucas Multi-Vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid meets...
Back