Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Mountaineer Experiences Flatulence When Shut Off

Seriously, TechGuru, that's a fantastic suggestion. The HVAC is blowing only to the defrost, so I was trying to listen for any odd sounds. I do hear a lot of hissing when I shut it down as well, but I think that is just the A/C pressurizing. It sounds like it is coming from the front of the...
  2. G

Mountaineer Experiences Flatulence When Shut Off

I have no other way to explain it. :moon: Watch video and let me know what you think it is. Thank you.
  3. G

Heavy White Smoke and Then a Mystery

2003 Mercury Mountaineer, 4.0L, 93K, well-maintained. Had oil change last month, coolant flush last year. Tuesday, a high of 100 degrees in Washington, DC metro. Drove vehicle about 30 miles on highway. Then stopped about a mile from house @ a store. When leaving store, white smoke was...
  4. G

Feedback Request on Front Hub Bearings Estimate on a 2003

The more I think about, I think that second quote was for the WHEEL BEARING AND HUB ASSEMBLY, and I don't need a new hub assembly to replace the bearing, correct?
  5. G

Update Got a price from an independent. It will run around $1300 for the bearings and the rear pads (and machine the rotors). I still thought this was high and was told that the bearings are $384 each (aftermarket), which is a lot more expensive than the OE parts from the Ford dealer. You...
  6. G

Thanks Hi all, Thanks for the information. Looks like I got a quote from the cleaners:rolleyes:. I'll shop some independents for better pricing. Thanks again.
  7. G

Hi all, Just got an estimate from the Ford dealer to replace both front hub bearings on my 2003 (77,126 miles). The cost is $360 for 4.0 hours of labor and $402 for OE parts for a total of $762. They also stated that I have 10% left on the rear brakes and I was quoted $225 for 2.5 hours of...
  8. G

Whistle noise here when accellerating only.

Whistle Just to chime in:salute:, I've got the whistle as well. It's been happening for the last two years, whenever it's cold out; I'd say below freezing. I've got a 2003 Mountaineer with auto climate. The first time it happened, I looked around to see if there were any graveyards;), but...
  9. G

Another Newbie

Hi all, I have a 2003 Mercury Mountaineer AWD with a 4.0-liter V6. It came with the Luxury Preferred Equipment Package, which added leather upholstery, heated front seats, power for the passenger seat, memory for the driver's seat and pedals a message center, dual automatic temperature...
Back