Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Rapid temp fluctuation 95 Explorer, but does'nt overheat yet...

That clutch was changed about 9 months ago (not because it was causing any problems but just because I had never changed it before). How can you tell (in different conditions) whether that clutch is all that it should be?
  2. V

Replaced the stat 2 weeks ago and it immediately stopped the gauge fluctuations and the temp stayed at it's sweet spot perfectly. So, a new gauge definitely fixed the problem. Since the stat change, weather here has been normal (mild in Georgia). But last night it went down to 35 degrees and now...
  3. V

will change the stat Saturday and see if that puts it back to a controlled temp.
  4. V

Anyone got any ideas: I have a 95 Explorer and we had a hard freeze here in Ga. last night. It went to 20 degrees which is abnormal for around here. This morning while driving to work, which is a 35 mile trip, the temp gauge constantly went up and down. It would go up to just a little above...
  5. V

power windows won't disengage

Thanks for the two possibilities. I'm going to lean more towards the master switch for now though because the two windows are doing the same thing and they are linked by the master. These two doors being separate and the mechanics (or regulators) defecting the same way at the same time would...
  6. V

power windows won't disengage

Hey, My power windows on the drivers and passenger side won't disengage after they reach the top or bottom. The passenger side is not express down, but should discontinue after it's fully down or up. The drivers side is express down and it should know to stop also. I just changed the bushings...
  7. V

96 Ex Power Window Bushing Fix with Pics!

No, actually the brushes can't be reversed. They won't reach from one side to the other. There's only one way of putting that thing back together and that's back the way it came apart with the exception of turning the cap 180 degrees. I did notice when putting the cap on the wrong way (it...
  8. V

Got this solved. the housing can be put on 180 degrees the other way. One way makes it reverse on the switches and the other way makes it turn correctly.
  9. V

Hey, I'm bringing this post back because someone referred me to it for my passenger side window that was not operating. I utilized the original post and it worked great but I took it to the poster's next level and removed the armature for cleaning. He was right - there was to much chunk in...
  10. V

95,EXPL.power window failure(clicking sound in door)

Hey, I've got a 95 Explorer. About two years ago the passenger side window went down erratically (jumpy-stop and go) and wouldn't go up all the way unless you assisted it by pulling up. The whole time you are trying to operate it, you can hear a clicking sound (much like a clutch slipping...
  11. V

95' XLT Compass dead.

Hey again, Thanks again for the advice thus far in ironing out some problems on a used 95' I picked up. Here's one more...I hope. The compass on the 95' XLT is dead:dead: . It never worked when I bought it. It's completely blank and will not respond to the "mode" button. I'm not sure how...
  12. V

95' XLT 6 CD Changer loads, but no play

Hey all, Thanks for the advice thus far in ironing out some problems on a used 95' I picked up. Here's another.... I've got a 6 CD Changer mounted in the center console that is'nt playing Cd's. The radio and it's controls are all fine and even it's cassette deck plays. But, when inserting...
  13. V

'95 XLT-rear passenger doors won't open...

Thanks for that advice. Actually there is still good spring in the snap back and they do appear to be going back all the way complete. I hear and feel no acutation what so ever though. I did some other checking within site and did find it is a common problem, So common you would think Ford would...
  14. V

'95 XLT-rear passenger doors won't open...

Hello all, My '95 XLT 4dr., rear passenger doors open only from the outside and not from the inside. Whether the child proof switch is up or down does'nt make any differance. I assume the problem is related to the child prrof mecanisms. Has anyone else ever had this on their Explorer? If so...
Back