Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

Knocking Noise

I went under the car and checked the bell housing and the rest of the parts for the noise. The noise is not coming from the bottom of the car. Another think I noticed is that I don't hear the noise in the morning when I first start the car after sitting all night. It's very cold in the morning...
  2. 2

Knocking Noise

I'll check the bell housing next time I hear the noise.
  3. 2

Knocking Noise

I agree. This noise is driving me crazy.
  4. 2

Knocking Noise

I also noticed that I don't hear the noise when I start the car in the morning.
  5. 2

Knocking Noise

I forgot to mentioned that it get louder when the engine rpm drops down to the idle rpm on startup. And if you rev it it sound like noise get quieter.
  6. 2

Knocking Noise

The noise doesn't get louder when you rev the engine and eventually goes away after couple of minutes driving. The noise comes from the back of the engine and when you touch the valve cover you can feel it.
  7. 2

Knocking Noise

Knoking noise vid
  8. 2

Knocking Noise

I don't but I can take one. How do I share it on the site?
  9. 2

Knocking Noise

Yes I'm sure. The noise comes from the back of the engine on the passenger side.
  10. 2

Knocking Noise

It's a knock or a thumb, not a rattle
  11. 2

Knocking Noise

Any ideas what causing the noise and if there's anything I should do to resolve it?
  12. 2

Knocking Noise

I'm using the M1 210a, that's what the website recommends for my car.
  13. 2

Knocking Noise

Mobil1
  14. 2

Knocking Noise

Yes, I unplug the crank sensor and crank the engine until I had oil pressure. When I did that, I didn't have knocking noise on startup. I drove the car several times after that and each time I had knocking noise on startup. I also changed the oil but it didn't help. I'm using Valvoline HM full...
  15. 2

Knocking Noise

I replaced both tensioner with a new one from Ford. The rear tensioner still makes knocking noise on startup and if I turn off the car and turn it back on it stops. Why it's still making the knocking noise?
  16. 2

Knocking Noise

Do I need to lubricate the washer with engine Oil? The install diagram is calling for that but that's nothing I've seen before.
  17. 2

Knocking Noise

Thanks. I wish we had apost with the steps to complete it especially for the passenger side. Looks like I'll need to remove the wheel to get to it.
  18. 2

Knocking Noise

Disconnecting the sensor will prevent the engine from starting? How long I need to run the starter?
  19. 2

Knocking Noise

Do I need to soak them in oil before I install them?
  20. 2

2005 Mountaineer V6 Alternator Tourque Specs

I don't trust my hands tourque settings :) I was able to find a TRQ vidoe and they guy said 35 Ft-lbs for the 3 bolts. I hope his correct.
  21. 2

Knocking Noise

Thank you for your help!!
  22. 2

Knocking Noise

Right now the noise is not all the time so it's hard to diagnose it. I thought it was an exhaust leak first time I heard it. Will it damage the engine of I drive it until I have time to replace them?
  23. 2

Knocking Noise

How would I check to confirm that's the case for the noise? What's the steps to replace them?
  24. 2

Knocking Noise

Will it stop after I turn off the engine and turn it back on? Shouldn't it be constant?
  25. 2

Knocking Noise

Knocking Noise in the engine driver side on startup. I don't hear the noise each time I start the car. If I turn off the car and start it again the noise will go away. Any idea what will cause it?
Back