Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Sparks around plug wire

My 1996 Explorer Sport is sparking around the base of the plug wire where it attaches to the plug. Anyone have a clue what could cause this?
  2. C

Steering damper

That's what I thought, but why do almost every site offer them if we can't use it?
  3. C

Steering damper

Does the 1996 Explorer Sport have a steering damper. Just bought all new shocks and the website suggested buying a steering damper, it says it's for my application, but I'll be damned if I can figure out where it'll go.
  4. C

TB - IAT - IAC - TPS - MAF ... Which one?

Buy a elm327 obd2 reader. It'll give you real time readouts. I like my Vgate. Around 10-12 bucks on Amazon. Then download a free app. I like Car Scanner.
  5. C

Solved 97 Mountaineer V8 AWD Transmission holding shifts btw 1-2

Have you checked the transmission filter, or had the tranny serviced recently?
  6. C

Temperature gauge not reading correctly.

I had not thought about that. I will DEFINITELY look into that route. Thanks a bunch!
  7. C

The original is one prong, the 03 is two prong. I think the 03 uses a snap ring, while the 96 is threaded. But I will definitely look into rigging something along those lines.
  8. C

Exactly, this is exactly the problem. They both read the temperature by the resistance in the sender. I'm trying to find out what the difference in resistance is and if I can add a resistor in line to make it work correctly.
  9. C

I had a smashed instrument cluster in my 96 Sport 4x4, my friend has a 2003 with a blown motor. I pulled the cluster out of it and put it in my 96. Everything works except the temperature gauge. I've hooked up my reader and watched the temp that way, stat is opening at 194 exactly as it should...
  10. C

Wiring help.

I have a 1996 Explorer Sport 4x4. Just replaced all gaskets, seals and o-rings from the block up. Got everything back together, but I have a female two prong plug that I gave no clue where it goes. It has a dark blue and white wire that I can't find on any wiring diagram. I have it ran behind...
  11. C

Is this Explorer worth $10K?

I wouldn't pay 10. Tell him 8500 is the best you can do. You can get a better deal. Check craigslist and autotrader.com.
  12. C

Engine missing when raining? Plugs? Bad gas?

First thing is to change the plugs and wires. Added moisture in the air could be causing a plug that's on it's way out to miss more often. Next thing I would do is change the fuel filter and air filter.
  13. C

Ranger 4.6L V8 Swap

I have a friend with a wrecked 02 F150 with a 4.6L V8 that's still in good condition. We are planning to drop it into a 94 Ranger XLT extended cab. If anyone has any information on any issues we may encounter, please let me know. We are trying to figure out which motor mounts, headers, and...
  14. C

Wheel clearence.

Here it is with the new wheels and tires. The back ones rubbed a little bit, so I put on some shackles to lift the back a little bit.
  15. C

Wheel clearence.

Thanks. Now picture those wheels and tires, with a little more aggressive tread, on a dark green 2dr. with dark tinted windows and no chrome what-so-ever. I think it should look pretty damn good.
  16. C

Wheel clearence.

I'm thinking about getting some Crager 15x8's. I already have 31 x 10.5s on the stock rims and am wondering if there will be any clearance issues once I switch to the new wheels running this size tire.
Back