Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

driveline

being that there is no 2 wd selector how do you think im going to be able to do that?
  2. B

driveline

when backing up or going forward there is a sudden noise like gears spinning like you go out of gear. the transmission has been rebuilt recently so i think its ok. the transfer case switch is on 4wd high but there is a dashboard light blinking 4wd low. would that possibly be a transfer case...
  3. B

electrical

no nightmare the short was caused by me. i put the ground wire on the starter by mistake. any way it runs good transmission is fine. nightmare is over.
  4. B

electrical

i was told it was running good when the transmission went out. i havent ran it yet.
  5. B

electrical

thanks. it could be the starter as it looks fairly rough.
  6. B

electrical

i bought this 97 explorer 2 months ago for 475.00. i thought it was a good deal as it needed a transmission rebuild. i had the transmission rebuilt for 350.00. the problem now is a short. i try to connect the battery cables and it sparks bad. now the question is there a common problem that could...
  7. B

muffler

i recently bought a 97 explorer and found that the muffler is smashed. being a 6 cylinder i know you wouldnt get the sound of a v8. but is there a good sounding muffler or glass pack without the sound of a faxt cannon ? it is a 4.0 sohc if that makes any difference.
  8. B

5R55E transmission missing sensor / extra sensor

I recently bought a 97 explorer thet needed a transmission rebuild which i had done. the transmission has what is called an output shaft sensor at the end but at the bell housing end there is an open hole with nothing there. i have been told there should be an input shaft sensor in it and have...
Back