Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. ZBlackBeast

Power steering whine

Sounds like the pump is on its way out. You can try flushing it and adding something like Lucas (ive used this with good results on my BMW).
  2. ZBlackBeast

Did some work to the turd this weekend!

I decided now that it was moving under its own power to give it some love. I changed the oil, the plugs and wires. Also cleaned the K&N filter and hosed down the maf. Oh, and this... I figured it wouldnt look so ****ty after. Im not sure im going to stick with the red, but its an...
  3. ZBlackBeast

some b4 and after dual tips

Looks great, How does it sound?
  4. ZBlackBeast

v8 swap on 1997 ford explorer

^^^priceless.. Big dreams shattered.. It really is more work than its worth. I would just get a 5.0 and mod that.
  5. ZBlackBeast

Removing oil filter bung to install oil filter relocation kit

It should be pipe thread iirc
  6. ZBlackBeast

OHC vrs SOHC

As far as the modular motors go, when i refer to one of them, i simply ask if its a 2, 3 or 4 valve motor. I perfer DOHC. 4 cams, 2 over each head. My 3.0L DOHCv6 designed in the early 80's makes 220hp and revs to 7500...:) ALSO, there are valve train differences including buckets and shims and...
  7. ZBlackBeast

OHC vrs SOHC

IMHO if there are NO markings on the intake its an SOHC. If the intake has writing visible from the drivers side of that car and says "4.0 EFI" that is the OHV. SOHC: http://images.gtcarlot.com/pictures/38833383.jpg OHV: http://images.gtcarlot.com/pictures/39822701.jpg
  8. ZBlackBeast

4.0L OHV Turbo - Not Building Boost!

Probably not enough, or a consistent flow of air off JUST the passenger side. Not only that but your changing back pressure and flow characteristics of the motor. What car exactly did you get it off of?
  9. ZBlackBeast

codes 0455, 0133 and 0141

For the millage, if they are original, I would yes.
  10. ZBlackBeast

99 Explorer XLT misfires under load.

Coolant temp sensor IF you have replaced all the above.
  11. ZBlackBeast

Bad designs all around....

Any FWD V6 is pretty much the same way. Im very lucky on my SHO that all I have to remove to get to my rear plugs is the bracket for the secondary control. I mean, I've worked on these cars so much I can remove and reinstall one in about 20 minutes, but its still extra steps in glad I dont...
  12. ZBlackBeast

Bad designs all around....

^Thatd be me.. But I don't own japanese cars.. 10000000000x's more **** to break in one of those than an american car. I live in new england and I've never snapped an exhaust manifest bolt... its called pb blaster... it works..
  13. ZBlackBeast

One thing after another (rant)

Well that's the thing. You don't live in an area where cars rot. Come up here and spend some time looking at cars.. you'll see each make/model has a place they all rot. Ford's rot on the rockers and wheel wells. Its just the way the designed the pinch seams and side skirt drainage.
  14. ZBlackBeast

Im not BLAMING Ford for the rust. Im just stating that they did a less than steller job rust preventing?! Jesus.. This isn't the first Ford I've worked on. I've been into, and working on SHO's for the past 5 years, and EVERY single one with over 100k if they're in the northern states, has had...
  15. ZBlackBeast

Well, considering the truck was given to me 6 months ago, the damage had already been done.
  16. ZBlackBeast

^Ive probably got a total of 20 hours into this thing working on my back on a gravel driveway. I cant ***** too much.. It sure beats driving my modded SHO around in the winter.
  17. ZBlackBeast

Ford just did a poor job with rest prevention.
  18. ZBlackBeast

Wanted Rear Bumper Brackets

how much shipped to 06782? In sure theyll be the same!
  19. ZBlackBeast

Yes things do rust, but Ford's are KNOWN to rust faster than most cars. My 95 540I has 200k and has no rust on the body at all yet my old SHO, from the same year that i washed WEEKLY in the winter, was completely rotted. No rockers, windsheild, strut towers, doors etc with 185000 before i parted...
  20. ZBlackBeast

Wanted Rear Bumper Brackets

As the title states I need rear bumper brackets for a 95-?? explorer!
  21. ZBlackBeast

Advance Auto Parts lift shackle?

I work at advance, I believe our shackles are just an OE replacement.
  22. ZBlackBeast

So, I cant ***** TOO much considering the truck was free, but. I get the truck knowing it has a bad transmission. Ok, i sourced one here for a good price and swapped it in. Right after i get that done i put fuel in her to test drive and it all just leaks right out... Big ole rust hole in the...
  23. ZBlackBeast

Flat tow? 1995 XLT Control Trac, AT, 4x4

In 2wd there is a piece in the front diff that unlocks the wheels so the diff, and there for driveshaft does not spin. If i were you, I would put it in 2wd, and remove the rear shaft.
  24. ZBlackBeast

good news and bad news

So, yesterday was the first day since I got the trans OUT to do any work on it and I got it all back in and buttoned up and got to drive her for the fist time a)since I owned it and b) in about 5 months. (No the swap didn't take 5 months life got in the way from starting and then I only had a...
  25. ZBlackBeast

Starting to pull the trans

TRANS IS OUT. I hate only getting an hr a week to work on it. I broke down and bought some more tools etc.. gonna start putting it back in on Wednesday with any luck!!
Back