Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Yomies D30 SAS

That is very helpful I was just going to use the yj springs and do a soa but after reading this thread and others I think I will wait and either get the 7 leaf waggy springs or maybe try the yota springs.....Actually I think I have a set of 4runner rear springs I will measure them and see if I...
  2. T

Yomies D30 SAS

I thought I would try to bring this thread back up!! Type in shackle mount on ebay sometimes a few different ebay stores carry them. Also no one ever answered the question on the distance between the spring mount and the shackle mount. Sorry one more thing.... What does everyone think...
  3. T

SAS Swap a Go I repeat we are Green light Go

I am in the process of doing this same setup. Do you think you will leave the shackles out front or move them behind the front axle? Also I'm thinkin 4.56 gears and 33X12.50 tires?? However I have seen some bonehead jeepers wheelin pretty hard on 35s with no problems.
  4. T

How to: $32 Spring Over Axle Conversion - SOA

Just a thought..... On other vehicles I have done soa lifts on you could just switch the shock brackets to the opposite side and flip them upside down?? I am going to tear down my rear suspension this weekend and try it. I am sure someone else has tried this so let me know how it worked.
  5. T

What a great site!

Hello to all and thanks for creating such a helpful site! :thumbsup: I just purchased my first ford explorer two weeks ago ($200 on cragislist) and it is already up on concrete blocks getting a spring over on the rear and a new set of head gaskets. I am looking for a used (6") skyjacker lift...
Back