Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Where to buy headlamp adjusters

Yes, Albuquerque is about 2.5 to 3 hours but it is my shopping city. Looks like i will have to visit some junkyards there if I can't find aftermarket parts. I am going to check the "Help!" rack of aftermarket parts at the discount car places too. What a pain. I was able to get the grill...
  2. F

Thanks, Turdle - those are the parts. A little better price than the regular dealer retail too. But still $130 for all the adjusters to do both headlamps! And the long vertical one says "no longer available." May have to go the junkyard route...
  3. F

Chefduane, darn post office insists we use the zip code name Lindrith instead of Gavilan. It is a small community actually 10 miles north of Lindrith, NM. Search on "Murrow Ranch, NM" and Google Maps will try to show you "Morrow Ranch" but underneath you can click on "Search instead for...
  4. F

I had a deer run in front of my 1995 Explorer and break the headlamp assembly. I have found and ordered new assemblies but it appears the adjusters were rusted up and no longer work properly, and the plastic parts seem stripped or broken too. . The long adjuster that goes up above the...
  5. F

How to: 1st Gen Gas Tank Fuel Pump Access Panel

. I did pick up a replacement relay at the auto parts store - plus a spare since there are two other relays which are the same vintage and might fail. Having a spare might get me out of a jam some day! Funny thing - I put the new relay in and it didn't work immediately. I took it out...
  6. F

. --- ADDENDUM --- My 95 Explorer would crank but would not start. I could tell that the pump was not running as I turned the key towards start, because I did not hear the usual "whirr" from the pump for the first few seconds. Replacing the pump is a last resort so I started with...
  7. F

. ---USE A NIBBLER TO CUT THE SHEET METAL!!! --- I strongly suggest that no one use a grinder or anything else that creates heat or sparks to cut a hatch near the fuel tank! Others may have been lucky but you could be the one who sets your Explorer on fire - or worse - has it go...
Back