Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

PTU/Trans Leak Passenger side Axle

The design flaw is the lack of easy preventive maintenance, the close proximity to a catalytic converter and low amount of gear oil used in it. Last I checked they are on revision G of this particular PTU, and yet still no drain plug still the same amount of fluid. Just a few changes to bearings...
  2. U

Well I cleaned up the PTU with brake clean and it has been dry since the day posted this. I have no changes in level of the trans fluid and PTU oil. I keep checking it everyday as its easy to see with out lifting the truck and will be rechecking the fluid later in the week when I have time to...
  3. U

History. PTU was replaced roughly 3 years ago at 56-58k. Under 5/60k drivetrain warranty. Present day. The Explorer now has 113xxx on the clock. I was in the garage and noticed a few spots on the floor where the Explorer rests. When my wife came home with the car I stuck my head...
  4. U

2007 Eddie Bauer V8 slow coolant leak

Incase anyone is looking for the heater hose for 06-10 Explorers or Mountaineers. Dorman now makes a upgraded hose with a aluminum y-fitting Part Number 626-551.
  5. U

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Ha Warranty(as my father in-law puts it I'am the extended warranty).. I'm at 95600 already I ask for warranty now I'm pretty sure the service department would look at me like confused puppies considering most of are just that. I'm waiting for a recall or welding/replacing the converters myself.
  6. U

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

I don't know to what extent us diyer's have gone through to find the exhaust leak. I was under car and just happen to look up at the front Bank 2 manifold. The manifold is not completely welded around each tube allowing exhaust gas to escape before the the converter also allowing air to be...
  7. U

P0430 and FORSCAN

Thanks for the Reading Material. Time to charge the iPad go into hiding for a few hours...
  8. U

P0430 and FORSCAN

Thank you for your Input Peter. I am well versed in diagnostics and repair. I just haven't fully figured out Forscan yet its not as simple as the scanners (Snapon,Etc) I have used in the past. I'm trying to Pull Up the oxygen sensor Pids so I can Scope them and watch what all the sensors are...
  9. U

P0430 and FORSCAN

I'm new to using Forscan. I'm used to using a Snap-on Verus Pro where you just click what you want and displays the data(unfortunately not available anymore to use anymore). Can someone point me in the right direction of selecting the Right Oxygen Sensor Voltage PIDS to scope B1S1 B1S2 B2S1 B2S2...
  10. U

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

I have a commercial account with them so my price is different than a normal service customer I rather not disclose that information sorry.
  11. U

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

Just wanted to post up if any New Jersey New York guys are looking for a remote start enabling friendly dealership. Just make sure you have the hood pin switch installed. You don't even need the remote start IKTs programed or even present unless you want them to program them for you. Just make...
  12. U

Great Ford Dealerships

Remote Start Friendly We have a 2013 XLT the PTU started to spew oil out of the vent hole. Made a service appointment at the dealer. Asked to verify that the vehicle only has two keys programed to it, also enable the Remote Start. They had the car for two days. Brand New PTU installed under...
  13. U

Long time reader.

Not really a new member joined back in 08 when my wife and I purchased our first Explorer Eddide Bauer 4.6l. I mainly joined to incase I needed to fix any issues with the truck. The 06 has been mostly problem free for 190000 miles other than wheel bearings, brakes, maintenance and a blown...
  14. U

Leak (oil?) help

I just noticed my wifes Explorer has a a oil leak in the same exact place. Did you get it fixed and did they tell you what it was?
Back