Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Trying to improve gas mileage

I have been monitoring my gas mileage for months and I get 15.5 in town. I don't hit the highway except vacations and then it's about 17-18 mpgs. I haven't changed the plugs since I got it 2 years ago and I am sure that it will help. Just isn't on the need to do list at the moment.
  2. B

Fuel pump relay problems

I agree with MrShorty. I had a stalling problem after about 5 mins. running. The fp relay would stay closed after it stalled. I had to let the truck sit for a couple mins. before it would start. It ended up being the PCM was going bad. It may have relevance.
  3. B

How to: 4x4 Troubleshooting guide

I had the shift motor off a couple of weekends ago to check the stop on the gear, which was gone, and wanted to see how hard it would be to turn the shaft. I used a set of channel locks and it seemed to turn very easily, and I did hear a click when turned to 4h. It turned easily back again...
  4. B

How to: 4x4 Troubleshooting guide

Hello, just recently signed up, though been reading the posts for awhile. I did the hinge pin replacement this weekend, now my door closes perfectly. Thanks DeRocha. Now I am focusing on the 4x4 problem and had some questions. How hard is it to shift the t-case manually? Should there be a...
Back