Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

you absolutely need to account for the trailer tongue weight it’s weight added to the vehicle just as it would be for passenger or cargo 🙄. If you don’t you will likely be over rear axle weight.
  2. S

They also put the 6.2/6.5 in “everything “ in the early 90’s including hummers those engines were notorious for crank issues so just because they go in everything doesn’t mean they are perfect. ( I hope this doesn’t start a converted gas engine talk)
  3. S

So now that I’ve had time to actually compare GVWR of a handful of tow package explorers to mine that is not I’ve found that it’s the same at 6180lbs. The spring codes are the same except for the sport I looked at. The axle codes were also the same. it’s a different transmission but of the 5...
  4. S

Hopefully they found a solution for the issues stated here. https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/consumer-products/auto-news/gm-5-3-engine/
  5. S

One step closer to hauling 10k tow haul button installed and fully functional. Next step engine oil cooler. Also can anyone provide PTU drilling measurements for a unit without one? Yes I have tried the search function but I must be doing it wrong because I’m not finding anything but...
  6. S

Adding engine oil cooler

If this is true how can I add a 20k goose in my pick up and still be ok in DOT’s eyes as well as fords? Why does the sales brochure say non tow package rigs can have the hitch added without oil cooler and tow 2k and if you add the oil cooler it’s 5k?
  7. S

Weird rubbing sound when turn the steering wheel

Yes that and I used a pick to pull that rubber boot back to get in there very good
  8. S

Where the steer shaft goes through the firewall. I’d send a pic buck the mini bus is 200 miles away right now
  9. S

That’s correct and we both probably would agree that in the end if a truck is assembled utilizing the exact components a tow package rig would have and when I say exact I mean exact it would be a paperwork technicality but the capacity could be safely towed. (Not 10k lol)
  10. S

I know the base install is. I’m just being silly based on reading what is said on here about towing installs. I’m talking with north country Ford about what what actually specs as required parts for the 5k capacity
  11. S

Installed the hitch and wiring Need the tow haul button now and I should be good for 10k right🤔
  12. S

Where the steering shaft goes through the firewall there is a rubber boot. Spray it will silicone see if it goes away. It did on our 16 a few weeks ago.
  13. S

hot start driving me nuts

1996 x 4.0 hot starting is getting worse and worse and is now starting to effect cold starts slightly. let it sit for 5 min starts fine 10 min to 50 min try to start backfires trough the intake runs for 30 seconds dies will not start for 30 to45 min after that . crank sensor, ignition coil idle...
  14. S

broken band

hello to all i broke my reverse 1st gear band i am told. im wondering if anyone has a spare trans i can buy for a decent price. i am currently driving the truck still only one i have. looking to get one and go through it and install i a rebuild one in a weekend
  15. S

Solved Transmission and Transfer Case Specs by year

hey what vin number position are you taking the trans code from? 1fmdu34x3tu is my vin
  16. S

intermintent reverse

no grinding in reverse. also if it matters i have no engine braking in first gear when you pull it in first in drops to near idle?
  17. S

intermintent reverse

hi all thatnks to all that have posted on various problems they have helped me for a year now here it is now my first post. 1996 4.0 with b&m shift plus is loosing reverse only sometimes though ive noticed this for two months now but to a point now i need to fix it heres the details of it works...
Back