Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Did some searching RE: A4LD governor, just looking for confirmation

Seems like it's all the time. I've only driven the truck around the neighborhood since it's speed-limited due to not shifting, but it doesn't seem to make a difference even after 10-15 mins of driving.
  2. T

Did some searching RE: A4LD governor, just looking for confirmation

Hey all, My issue is that my X won't shift out of 1st when in Drive. I can manually shift it into 2nd from 1st, but as soon as I put it back in D, it shifts back down. Some reading seems to indicate that the problem may be a sticking governor if I'm understanding correctly. It just randomly...
  3. T

Blown auto hub AND malfunctioning shift motor...?

Hey all, I'm trying to diagnose why my 4x4 isn't working, and I wanted your input as to what I believe is wrong. I followed the troubleshooting guide in the forum and have verified that the button and module are working correctly. (I can hear the relay and the test light flashes 4 times when...
  4. T

Fuel tank overflows

Yea, I usually put only 15 gallons in but I hadn't driven the truck in a while so I forgot last night (and locked my keys in the truck at the same time, I was on a roll).
  5. T

Fuel tank overflows

Hey all, I have an issue where if I let the gas station pump run until it clicks off, it overfills my tank and gas comes pouring out of the overflow vent. This happens at any gas station so I'm sure its not anything to do with the auto-shut off on the pumps. Any ideas? It's not a huge...
  6. T

Vibration at 65mph

Mine as well, odd. I have also noticed a banging from the front left side when I hit bumps, so I'm pretty sure they're interrelated.
  7. T

Mac with KKM

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info. :D Good to know for future reference. Sorry 'bout the little sidebar there. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.
  8. T

Mac with KKM

A little OT, but just to clarify, don't you have the SOHC Fantasymon? You said in an earlier post that you had the OHV, but I was under the impression that the 97+ all used the SOHC. I'm new to the whole explorer scene, so excuse me if I'm incorrect here.
Back