Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Low RPM miss, after driving for a while

Ok, now I just did new plugs, wires, coil pack, fuel filter and checked the pressure. 58-65 PSI and held 62 for over 5 minutes. Still having the same issue. Could this be EGR related? Local parts house SWEARS it is the EGR but for the valve, sensor, and solenoid is around 150$. I personally am...
  2. B

Engine Cuts out for Split second

Well, I check the fuel pressure, not when it was running bad because I never know when it will start doing it, and was at 58-65psi and held for 5 minutes at 62 with the motor off. Also I did a plugs, wires, fuel filter, and a coil pack. SAME PROBLEM. HAd the guy at AutoZone check the alt and...
  3. B

!!HELP!! Weird stale from stop!!!!

I am having a similar issue with my 2000, 4.0 sohc 5 speed. When I am at idle all is good, WOT all is good, but when leaving from a stop light it seems like all spark fails, slip the clutch to 2-4k and it leaves fine. While driving if I let if fall below 2k it does it also. This only...
  4. B

Engine Cuts out for Split second

I'm having the same issue, year ago I thought it was fixed after new battery and it came back. Did plugs, wires and fuel filter and it was good for 2 months. Now I'm having the same issue and like you it only happens after driving it for a while. I just priced out a new fuel pump at $99 at...
  5. B

Low RPM miss, after driving for a while

To make a long story short a year ago my 2000 4.0 started missing below 2k and was hard to get rolling from a stop, had to slip the clutch above 2k to leave a stop light. Put a new battery in it as it had a dead cell, problem solved. A year later the same problem started up again. I had...
  6. B

3" Bodylift 5 Speed Console HELP!

Found a console I liked down at WalMart of all places, it fits well and holds large size cups. The only thing I do not like is how thin the material is in the large lock-able cubby. Its so thin you could rip the plastic where the locking arm locks - I wouldn't buy it soley on this feature but...
  7. B

Shifter extention? Never heard of this when I did my lift, I just used the stock shifter and made a boot for it. It seems that it would be cheaper to remove the shifter and just add your own personal length to the lower end of the pipe. Any ways, I'm still wondering about consoles. I don't...
  8. B

Looking for a console that will work with the 5 speed and 3" BL. I have an auto console right now but had to cut out the cubby hole and cup holders to catch second gear. Would LOVE to have my cup holders back. Thoughts on consoles or maybe bending the shifter arm up some? Just need some...
  9. B

HELP on transmission 99 4.0 AWD

could you explain a little more in detail as i am not familiar with AWD trannys. thanks...
  10. B

HELP on transmission 99 4.0 AWD

my brother has a 99 explorer and reverse is the only thing not working and all other gears work fine in D and manually. he called the dealer today and they stated it has a x12p-da transmission. it was bought used and the door sticker has been ripped off. without pulling the whole tranny is there...
Back