Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Big 3 on 04

Been on my list of things to do for a few years now lol. Still need to get it done.
  2. M

Post pics of your tires

stepj19's from the 4th gen forum has the mud grapplers. pretty sweet indeed.
  3. M

Post pics of your tires

I got a really good hook up on them through my work and only spent a few hundred on them. Everywhere I looked though they are right around $220 a piece.
  4. M

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Schweeeeeeeeeeet!! Wish I could join the BTF control arm team but where I wanna go, there's no control arms!
  5. M

Car specifics from picture.

Rims: dick cepek dc2's Tires: dick cepek mud country's I think 285's Not sure if he had 16" or 17" rims though
  6. M

Post pics of your tires

Auburn!! Youre still alive!! The rig still looks good bud. Heres the 265 Goodyear Duratrac- And now my 285 Cooper Discoverer STT-
  7. M

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Never posted pics of my latest install but here it is. Alpine IXA-W407 7" double DIN. Install was easy and also added on a PAC Tr-7 bypass. I was able to keep all my old alpine peripherrals too! Heres a few shots:
  8. M

2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted

Hit some powder yesterday but my camera died early in the trip. Heres the few shots that I was able to get. Did a lot of 4Low driving to climb the ice-rocks and she handled it perfectly.
  9. M

Lifted Xs

10-12 city driving and 19-20ish highway if I can keep it in overdrive with 285/75/16's and 3.55s
  10. M

Photos 3rd gen pic's

I usually have my lights covered anyways, so cant use them for raging purposes. My finger works just as good though!
  11. M

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Ronin, I can have all my lights on, a/c on, system blasting, efan turning, and still idle around 14.1v.
  12. M

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Looks good fedy! Time for some HID retrofits though!!
  13. M

Go for a street look or keep the off-road look?

Im sure Utah has some pretty sweet trails, I vote Off-Road!
  14. M

Lifted EB on 275/55/20's

double sweet:thumbsup::thumbsup:
  15. M

Speaker help

They will fit in the stock mounting location. You just need to use a plate like this one: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4966_Scosche-SA68.html Here's my 6.5" Alpine woofer from the SPR-17S component set with the Alpine plate:
  16. M

FREE!!!!!! 2" front spacers for a 2002-2005 ford explorer

Very generous of you. Hope they go to someone who can put them to good use. Now, what is this 4" full suspension lift you talk of?????
  17. M

which one looks better?

Ive seen both in person, since their shop is the town next to mine, and Id say go with the 1st ones. They look waaay better.
  18. M

New Spyder Auto Led Tail lights

Looks like the Drawtite hitch with the 1-1/4" cover. Kinda like this one- http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Ford/Explorer/2005/75132.html?vehicleid=20053126
  19. M

Need your opinions, Is this too overboard?

Thanks guys, still havent had time to retrofit those yellow HIDs yet. But as soon as I do, you know i'll post up!
  20. M

For Sale Upper control arms... Extended WITH UNIBALL

Wish I could join guys but I got new gears coming in soon and then I'm done with the EX :( I picked up a new project!
  21. M

Photos 3rd gen pic's

The strut lift is going to be your easiest option for sure.
  22. M

Photos 3rd gen pic's

They are indeed two separate lifts. The strut spacer lowers the strut from its mount which in turn lifts the whole vehicle higher. The body lift is a kit that places spacers between the frame and the body which only lifts the body and not the frame, chassis, or suspension. Oh and keep the rims...
  23. M

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Damn Ronin, the rig looks good! I like it a lot better with the 3 inch lift. Your tires seemed to be too stuffed with the 1.5 inch lift. On another note, you could put 4 lights on a bull bar with a little fab. You just have to mount two in the normal spot and then weld tabs on the top so they...
  24. M

front end squeaking after spacer lift

Doubt the noise is coming from the sway bar links. Most the pressure is put on the frame bushings so when they get older and drier they tend to make more noise. And with the added rotation from the strut spacers its just stresses those bushing even more.
Back