Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Acceleration Vibration

You may have changed something in the drive shaft - I had the exact same vibration experience on rear drive shaft when replacing the flange 180 degrees off, and on the front driveshaft when replacing the flange.
  2. G

Acceleration Vibration

You may have changed something in the drive shaft - I had the exact same vibration experience on rear drive shaft when replacing the flange 180 degrees off, and on the front driveshaft when replacing the flange.
  3. G

4th generation 4x4 Explorer (not AWD)

An observation about Auto 4x4: I have an 2008 explorer with V8 and 4x4 and is normally driven in auto 4x4. I have always noticed a bit of vibration at low speed in second gear while acceleration which I attributed to the engine. Also my front tires leave a dark trail on my concrete driveway...
  4. G

4th generation 4x4 Explorer (not AWD)

2008 Ford Explorer Transfer case Actually the 2008 Explorer uses the Borg Warner 4412 transfer case not the 4411 as described in the link above - they are very similar ...
  5. G

Acceleration Vibration

I had a similar problem with an old Landcruiser. It was smooth until I replaced the rear drive shaft universal joints - the vibration was terrible. I replaced the U-joints with OEM and the vibration sunsided a lot. Stupidly I read the manual to late. It explicitly said that the drive shaft...
  6. G

4x4 Traction Control questions

Recently I went back up into the mountains and applying some advice on traction control I received from a local ford service manager, I discovered that the traction control does actually work, in auto, 4X4 HI, LO-range. I just have to put my foot in it a lot more to make the traction control...
  7. G

How do you remove a fuel door?

I have an '08 explorer w/capless fuel tank. I need to remove the fuel filler door - I can see that it is held in place by 2 small screws, but cannot be removed because the hinge is blocked by a plastic insert surrounding the fuel tank inlet. How is this plastic insert removed ?? There are...
  8. G

Gear shifting

I have an 08 explorer V8 w/6speed and have never noticed anything harsh in the shifting. In fact it is the smoothest automatic I have ever had -I've been driving since 1956.
  9. G

Thanks EDWX, I guess I will reword my problem. On several occasions I have gotten into a situation where a rear wheel was off the ground and the opposite front was barely touching the ground (due to limited suspension travel) resulting in next to no traction. The vehicle would not move forward...
  10. G

Yes, I know how to work the 4x4 aspect, my concerns are about the traction control, but thanks ...
  11. G

Hello all - I have an '08 Explorer XLT 4.6 4x4 which I take to the Sierras fishing on occasions where I use the 4x4 in sand, gravel and very steep, rough trails. I have noticed that when in auto or 4x4 hi mode, traction control will not function when starting from a stop. I can place a front...
  12. G

Fluids & capacities 2008 Exp.

I have ordered a 2008 explorer XLT v8/4x4 and would like to know what are the fluid capacities and recommended fluids for the engine and drive train - I want to change all fluids to synthetic. I have not been able to find any of this info anywhere on the internet. This is my first post. Thanks
Back